Publication Performance Of Economists And Economics Departments In Turkey (1999-2003)
This is the first study evaluating publication performances of economists and economics departments in Turkey. Findings show wide gaps between the Top-Five economics departments and economists affiliated to these universities and the others. Publication patterns of Turkish economists are the same with their counterparts living in the rest of the world.
|Date of creation:||16 Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:||07 Jul 2005|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 15|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Pomfret & Liang Choon Wang, 2003. "Evaluating The Research Output Of Australian Universities' Economics Departments," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 418-441, December.
- Franklin Mixon & Kamal Upadhyaya, 2001. "Ranking economics departments in the US South," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 115-119.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 1999. "Rankings of Economic Departments Among Greek-Speaking Institutions," Ekonomia, Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus, vol. 3(1), pages 70-75, summer.
- Michel Lubrano & Luc Bauwens & Alan Kirman & Camelia Protopopescu, 2003.
"Ranking Economics Departments in Europe: A Statistical Approach,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1367-1401, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003. "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2003050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, . "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1694, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tom Coupé & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2003. "Quality Based Rankings of Irish Economists 1990-2000," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(2), pages 145-149.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "The Research Output of Academic Economists in Brazil," Working Paper Series 100, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, 02.
- Kalaitzidakis, P. & Mamuneas, T.P. & Stengos, T., 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions," Working Papers 2003-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0503007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.