Publication Performance Of Economists And Economics Departments In Turkey (1999-2003)
This is the first study evaluating publication performances of economists and economics departments in Turkey. Findings show wide gaps between the Top-Five economics departments and economists affiliated to these universities and the others. Publication patterns of Turkish economists are the same with their counterparts living in the rest of the world.
|Date of creation:||16 Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:||07 Jul 2005|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 15|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tom Coupé & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2003. "Quality Based Rankings of Irish Economists 1990-2000," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(2), pages 145-149.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003.
"Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michel Lubrano & Luc Bauwens & Alan Kirman & Camelia Protopopescu, 2003. "Ranking Economics Departments in Europe: A Statistical Approach," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1367-1401, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, "undated". "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1694, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "The Research Output of Academic Economists in Brazil," Working Paper Series 100, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Richard Pomfret & Liang Choon Wang, 2003. "Evaluating The Research Output Of Australian Universities' Economics Departments," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 418-441, December.
- Juan Dolado & Antonio García-Romero & Gema Zamarro, 2003. "Publishing performance in economics: Spanish rankings (1990-1999)," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 317-317, November.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, 02.
- Franklin Mixon & Kamal Upadhyaya, 2001. "Ranking economics departments in the US South," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 115-119.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 1999. "Rankings of Economic Departments Among Greek-Speaking Institutions," Ekonomia, Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus, vol. 3(1), pages 70-75, summer.
- Kalaitzidakis, P. & Mamuneas, T.P. & Stengos, T., 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions," Working Papers 2003-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0503007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.