An Empirical Evaluation of Five Small Area Estimators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Patrick J & MacGibbon, Brenda & Tomberlin, Thomas J, 1997. "Empirical Bayes Small-Area Estimation Using Logistic Regression Models and Summary Statistics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 101-108, January.
- Pfeffermann, Danny & Barnard, Charles H, 1991. "Some New Estimators for Small-Area Means with Application to the Assessment of Farmland Values," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 73-84, January.
- Isaki, Cary T, 1990. "Small-Area Estimation of Economic Statistics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(4), pages 435-441, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "Using composite estimators to improve both domain and total area estimation," Economics Working Papers 731, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura & Alex Costa, 2006. "Improving small area estimation by combining surveys: new perspectives in regional statistics," Economics Working Papers 969, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional statistics; small areas; root mean square error; direct; indirect and composite estimators.;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0312003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .