Some New Estimators for Small-Area Means with Application to the Assessment of Farmland Values
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Conlisk, John, 1989. "Three Variants on the Allais Example," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 392-407, June.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Machina, Mark J, 1987. "Choice under Uncertainty: Problems Solved and Unsolved," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 121-154, Summer.
- Camerer, Colin F, 1989. "An Experimental Test of Several Generalized Utility Theories," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 61-104, April.
- Fishburn, Peter C., 1983. "Transitive measurable utility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 293-317, December.
- Battalio, Raymond C & Kagel, John H & Jiranyakul, Komain, 1990. "Testing between Alternative Models of Choice under Uncertainty: Some Initial Results," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 25-50, March.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
- Dekel, Eddie, 1986. "An axiomatic characterization of preferences under uncertainty: Weakening the independence axiom," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 304-318, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "An Empirical Evaluation of Five Small Area Estimators," General Economics and Teaching 0312003, EconWPA.
- G. Datta & M. Ghosh & R. Steorts & J. Maples, 2011. "Bayesian benchmarking with applications to small area estimation," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 20(3), pages 574-588, November.
- Danny Pfeffermann & Anna Sikov & Richard Tiller, 2014. "Single- and two-stage cross-sectional and time series benchmarking procedures for small area estimation," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 23(4), pages 631-666, December.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "An empirical evaluation of small area estimators," Economics Working Papers 674, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2003.
- Malay Ghosh & Tatsuya Kubokawa & Yuki Kawakubo, 2014. "Benchmarked Empirical Bayes Methods in Multiplicative Area-level Models with Risk Evaluation," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-918, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2001. "Estimadores compuestos en estadística regional: aplicación para la tasa de variación de la ocupación en la industria," Economics Working Papers 590, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:spr:stmapp:v:26:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10260-017-0379-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Militino, A.F. & Goicoa, T. & Ugarte, M.D., 2012. "Estimating the percentage of food expenditure in small areas using bias-corrected P-spline based estimators," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 2934-2948.
- María José Lombardía & Stefan Sperlich, 2008. "Semiparametric inference in generalized mixed effects models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 70(5), pages 913-930.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:9:y:1991:i:1:p:73-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.