An empirical evaluation of small area estimators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Patrick J & MacGibbon, Brenda & Tomberlin, Thomas J, 1997. "Empirical Bayes Small-Area Estimation Using Logistic Regression Models and Summary Statistics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 101-108, January.
- Pfeffermann, Danny & Barnard, Charles H, 1991. "Some New Estimators for Small-Area Means with Application to the Assessment of Farmland Values," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 73-84, January.
- Isaki, Cary T, 1990. "Small-Area Estimation of Economic Statistics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(4), pages 435-441, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Àlex Costa & Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura, 2003. "Using composite estimators to improve both domain and total area estimation," Economics Working Papers 731, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Albert Satorra & Eva Ventura & Alex Costa, 2006. "Improving small area estimation by combining surveys: new perspectives in regional statistics," Economics Working Papers 969, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional statistics; small areas; root mean square error; direct; indirect and composite estimators;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:674. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .