How Widespread is Late Trading in Mutual Funds?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Goetzmann, William N. & IvkoviÄ‡, Zoran & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 2001.
"Day Trading International Mutual Funds: Evidence and Policy Solutions,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 287-309, September.
- William Goetzmann & Zoran Ivkovich & K. Rouwenhorst, 2000. "Day Trading International Mutual Funds: Evidence And Policy Solutions," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm138, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jun 2001.
- Greene, Jason T. & Hodges, Charles W., 2002. "The dilution impact of daily fund flows on open-end mutual funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 131-158, July.
- Eric Zitzewitz, 2003.
"Who Cares About Shareholders? Arbitrage-Proofing Mutual Funds,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 245-280, October.
- Zitzewitz, Eric, 2002. "Who Cares About Shareholders? Arbitrage-Proofing Mutual Funds," Research Papers 1749, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Chevalier, Judith & Ellison, Glenn, 1997.
"Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1167-1200, December.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Glenn D. Ellison, 1995. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," NBER Working Papers 5234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, J. & Ellison, G., 1996. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," Working papers 96-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Paul G. Mahoney, 2004. "Manager-Investor Conflicts in Mutual Funds," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 161-182, Spring.
- Rahul Bhargava & Ann Bose & David A. Dubofsky, 1998. "Exploiting International Stock Market Correlations with Open-end International Mutual Funds," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5&6), pages 765-773.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Fricke, 2015. "Board Holdings, Compensation and Mutual Fund Manager Turnover," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 295-312, June.
- Qian, Meijun, 2011. "Is "voting with your feet" an effective mutual fund governance mechanism?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Agostino Capponi & Paul Glasserman & Marko Weber, 2018. "Swing Pricing for Mutual Funds: Breaking the Feedback Loop Between Fire Sales and Fund Runs," Working Papers 18-04, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Cici, Gjergji & Gibson, Scott & Moussawi, Rabih, 2010. "Mutual fund performance when parent firms simultaneously manage hedge funds," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-187, April.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Yan, Xuemin (Sterling), 2007. "Do independent directors and chairmen matter? The role of boards of directors in mutual fund governance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 392-420, June.
- Eisele, Alexander & Nefedova, Tamara & Parise, Gianpaolo & Peijnenburg, Kim, 2020.
"Trading out of sight: An analysis of cross-trading in mutual fund families,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 359-378.
- Alexander Eisele & Tamara Nefedova & Gianpaolo Parise & Kim Peijnenburg, 2013. "Trading Out of Sight: An Analysis of Cross-Trading in Mutual Fund Families," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 13-19, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Alexander Eisele & Tamara Nefedova & Gianpaolo Parise & Kim Peijnenburg, 2018. "Trading Out of Sight: An Analysis of Cross-Trading in Mutual Fund Families," Post-Print hal-02279289, HAL.
- Eisele, Alexander & Nefedova, Tamara & Parise, Gianpaolo & Peijnenburg, Kim, 2017. "Trading Out of Sight: An Analysis of Cross-Trading in Mutual Fund Families," CEPR Discussion Papers 12225, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hugh L. Christensen, 2015. "Algorithmic arbitrage of open-end funds using variational Bayes," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(04), pages 1-38, December.
- Suleyman Basak & Anna Pavlova, 2013. "Asset Prices and Institutional Investors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(5), pages 1728-1758, August.
- Ludovic Phalippou, 2009. "Beware of Venturing into Private Equity," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 147-166, Winter.
- Sophie Xiaofei Kong & Dragon Yongjun Tang, 2008. "Unitary Boards And Mutual Fund Governance," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 193-224, September.
- Moritz Wagner & Dimitris Margaritis, 2019. "Late Trading in Mutual Fund Shares – The Sequel?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 89-109, February.
- Jay R. Ritter, 2008. "Forensic Finance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 127-147, Summer.
- Sebastian Di Tella, 2017. "Optimal Regulation of Financial Intermediaries," NBER Working Papers 23586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agostino Capponi & Paul Glasserman & Marko Weber, 2020. "Swing Pricing for Mutual Funds: Breaking the Feedback Loop Between Fire Sales and Fund Redemptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(8), pages 3581-3602, August.
- Xavier Giné & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2007.
"Statistical Analysis of Rainfall Insurance Payouts in Southern India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1248-1254.
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2007. "Statistical analysis of rainfall insurance payouts in southern India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4426, The World Bank.
- María Isabel Cambón Murcia & Ramiro Losada, 2013. "Evidence from purchases and redemptions in the Spanish equity fund market," CNMV Working Papers CNMV Working Papers no 56, CNMV- Spanish Securities Markets Commission - Research and Statistics Department.
- Eric Fricke, 2013. "Board compensation, holdings and mutual fund expense ratios," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(3), pages 228-250, February.
- Ioannis Th. MAZIS & Xanthipe DOMATIOTI & Agis-Georgios DIGKAS, 2017. "Application Of Simple And Composite Indicators Of The Four Geopolitical Pillars In The Methodology Of Systemic Geopolitical Analysis: The Case Of Syria," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(3), pages 13-72, December.
- Massa, Massimo & Reuter, Jonathan & Zitzewitz, Eric, 2010. "When should firms share credit with employees? Evidence from anonymously managed mutual funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 400-424, March.
- Patrick E. McCabe, 2009. "The economics of the mutual fund trading scandal," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2009.
- Dimmock, Stephen G. & Gerken, William C., 2012. "Predicting fraud by investment managers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 153-173.
More about this item
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2005-01-09 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0501002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.