The Role of Social Capital in Economic Development. Investigating the Causal Nexus through Structural Equations Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Arvind Subramanian, 2013.
"Addressing the Natural Resource Curse: An Illustration from Nigeria,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 22(4), pages 570-615, August.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martín & Arvind Subramanian, 2003. "Addressing the natural resource curse: An illustration from Nigeria," Economics Working Papers 685, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Arvind Subramanian & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003. "Addressing the Natural Resource Curse; An Illustration From Nigeria," IMF Working Papers 03/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Arvind Subramanian, 2003. "Addressing the Natural Resource Curse: An Illustration from Nigeria," NBER Working Papers 9804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rama, Martin & Scott, Kinnon, 1999. "Labor Earnings in One-Company Towns: Theory and Evidence from Kazakhstan," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 185-209, January.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Paul R Wade, 2002. "The Challenge of Fiscal Decentralization in Transition Countries," IMF Working Papers 02/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Yelena Kalyuzhnova & Michael Kaser, 2005. "Prudential Management of Hydrocarbon Revenues in Resource-Rich Economies," ECE Discussion Papers Series 2005_4, UNECE.
- International Monetary Fund, 2003. "Republic of Kazakhstan; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 03/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Robinson, James A. & Torvik, Ragnar, 2005. "White elephants," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 197-210, February.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2001.
"Natural resources, education, and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 847-859, May.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000. "Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Isham & Michael Woolcock & Lant Pritchett & Gwen Busby, 2003.
"The Varieties of Resource Experience: How Natural Resource Export Structures Affect the Political Economy of Economic Growth,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0308, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Lant Pritchett & Michael Woolcock & Gwen Busby & Jonathan Isham, 2004. "The Varieties of Resource Experience: How Natural Resource Export Structures Affect the Political Economy of Economic Growth," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0308r, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & John Norregaard, 2000. "Making Decentralization Work: The Case of Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0009, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Richard Pomfret, 2003. "Trade and Exchange Rate Policies in Formerly Centrally Planned Economies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 585-612, April.
- Korhonen, Iikka, 2004. "Does democracy cure a resource curse?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 18/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Alberto Dalmazzo & Guido de Blasio, 2003. "Resources and Incentives to Reform," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(2), pages 1-5.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Raju J Singh, 2003. "Political Economy of Oil-Revenue Sharing in a Developing Country; Illustrations from Nigeria," IMF Working Papers 03/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2004.
"The curse of natural resources in the transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 399-426, September.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2002. "The Curse Of Natural Resources In The Transition Economies," Working Papers 241, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Kronenberg, Tobias, 2003. "The Curse Of Natural Resources In The Transition Economies," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Wen, Mei & King, Stephen P., 2004. "Push or pull? The relationship between development, trade and primary resource endowment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 569-591, April.
- Jovanovic, Branko, 2001. "Russian Roller Coaster: Expenditure Inequality and Instability in Russia, 1994-98," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(2), pages 251-271, June.
- King, S.P. & Wen, M., 1998. "Push or Pull? The relationship Between Development, Trade and Resource Endowment," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 653, The University of Melbourne.
- Philip R. Lane & Aaron Tornell, 1999. "The Voracity Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 22-46, March.
- Papyrakis, Elissaios & Gerlagh, Reyer, 2004. "The resource curse hypothesis and its transmission channels," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 181-193, March.
- Richard Pomfret, 2003. "Economic Performance in Central Asia Since 1991: Macro and Micro Evidence1," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 45(4), pages 442-465, December.
- Anderson, Kathryn H. & Pomfret, Richard, 2002. "Relative Living Standards in New Market Economies: Evidence from Central Asian Household Surveys," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 683-708, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fédes Rijn & Ephraim Nkonya & Adewale Adekunle, 2015. "The impact of agricultural extension services on social capital: an application to the Sub-Saharan African Challenge Program in Lake Kivu region," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(4), pages 597-615, December.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Hochman, Gal & Fedets, Iryna, 2016. "Understanding energy efficiency barriers in Ukraine: Insights from a survey of commercial and industrial firms," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 203-211.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:22-30 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital; Social networks; Civil Society; Economic development; Well-being; Labour precariousness; Structural Equations Modelling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0512014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .