On Market Equilibrium Analysis
In this paper we develop the implications of competitive market equilibrium for production and household behavior when some prices are endogenously determined. The properties of market equilibrium functions are explored, including the effects of pricing policy. A Slutsky-type equation relating compensated and uncompensated market equilibrium functions is derived. Implications for multimarket welfare analysis are presented, focusing on the effects of pricing policy and technical change. Copyright 1997, Oxford University Press.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Mar 1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 427 Lorch Street, Madison, WI 53706-1503|
Web page: http://www.aae.wisc.edu/www/pub/sps/body.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J, 1990. "Social Cost of Environmental Quality Regulations: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 853-73, August.
- Braulke, Michael, 1987. "On the Comparative Statics of a Competitive Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 479-85, June.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-97, September.
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1982. "Theory of the Firm in "Short-Run" Industry Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 555-62, June.
- Just, Richard E & Hueth, Darrell L, 1979. "Welfare Measures in a Multimarket Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 947-54, December.
- Thurman, Walter N. & Easley, J. Jr., 1992. "Valuing changes in commercial fishery harvests: A general equilibrium derived demand analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 226-240, May.
- Braulke, Michael, 1984. "The Firm in Short-run Industry Equilibrium: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 750-53, September.
- W. E. Diewert, 1981. "The Elasticity of Derived Net Supply and a Generalized Le Chatelier Principle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(1), pages 63-80.
- John E. Floyd, 1965. "The Effects of Farm Price Supports on the Returns to Land and Labor in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 148.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:wisaes:393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.