Concentration of FDI and regional disparities - The role of regional policy
Foreign direct investment could be very important external source for economic growth, especially in the less developed countries. Several studies showed strong concentration of FDI in most developed regions of the hosting countries, which lead to increasing regional disparities within these countries. FDI often cause crowd out effects for domestic firms in lagging regions. The article will examines role of regional policy in FDI attraction in order to achieve more regional benefits from FDI. We will analyze most often measures taken by regional policy and its interaction with other policies. We will show case study of several regions in Central Europe as an example.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- László Halpern & Balázs Muraközy, 2007.
"Does distance matter in spillover?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 15, pages 781-805, October.
- Joze P. Damijan & Matija Rojec & Boris Majcen & Mark Knell, 2008.
"Impact of Firm Heterogeneity on Direct and Spillover Effects of FDI: Micro Evidence from Ten Transition Countries,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
21808, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Damijan, Jože P. & Rojec, Matija & Majcen, Boris & Knell, Mark, 2013. "Impact of firm heterogeneity on direct and spillover effects of FDI: Micro-evidence from ten transition countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 895-922.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2007.
"When Does FDI Have Positive Spillovers? Evidence from 17 Emerging Market Economies,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3079, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2007. "When Does FDI Have Positive Spillovers? Evidence from 17 Emerging Market Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6546, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nuno Crespo & Isabel Proença & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2007.
"FDI Spillovers at Regional Level: Evidence from Portugal,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2007/28, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura & Isabel Proença, 2009. "FDI spillovers at regional level: Evidence from Portugal," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 591-607, 08.
- Nuno Crespo & Isabel Proença & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2008. "FDI Spillovers at Regional Level: Evidence from Portugal," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0508, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.