Productivity and the investment climate : what matters most?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Investment Climate and Firm Performance in Developing Economies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-31, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kinda, Tidiane & Plane, Patrick & Veganzones-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2009. "Firms'productive performance and the investment climate in developing economies : an application to MENA manufacturing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4869, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "The Cost of Doing Business in Africa : Evidence from the World Bank’s Investment Climate Data," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8769, The World Bank.
- Sundaram-Stukel, Reka & Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2006. "Fostering growth of the rural non-farm sector in Africa: The Case of Tanzania," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21165, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lall, Somik V. & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "The impact of business environment and economic geography on plant-level productivity : an analysis of Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3664, The World Bank.
- Barseghyan, Levon & DiCecio, Riccardo, 2011.
"Entry costs, industry structure, and cross-country income and TFP differences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(5), pages 1828-1851, September.
- Riccardo DiCecio & Levon Barseghyan, 2010. "Entry Costs, Industry Structure, and Cross-Country Income and TFP Differences," 2010 Meeting Papers 964, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & John Haltiwanger & Stefano Scarpetta, 2004.
"Microeconomic Evidence of Creative Destruction in Industrial and Developing Countries,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-114/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bartelsman, Eric & Haltiwanger, John C. & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2004. "Microeconomic Evidence of Creative Destruction in Industrial and Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1374, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bartelsman, Eric & Haltiwanger, John & Scarpetta1, Stefano, 2004. "Microeconomic evidence of creative destruction in industrial and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3464, The World Bank.
- Clarke, George R. G., 2005. "Do government policies that promote competition encourage or discourage new product and process development in low and middle-income countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3471, The World Bank.
- Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan & Ramachandran, Vijaya, 2008. "The Cost of Doing Business in Africa: Evidence from Enterprise Survey Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1531-1546, September.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2009. "Do productivity and ownership really matter for growth? Firm-level evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1403-1413, November.
- Osvaldo Nina, 2007. "¿Qué hace la Diferencia para el Logro de una Mayor Productividad Laboral? Caso de los Países de Bajos Ingresos en América Latina," Development Research Working Paper Series 01/2007, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Şeker, Murat & Yang, Judy S., 2014. "Bribery solicitations and firm performance in the Latin America and Caribbean region," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 246-264.
- Levon Barseghyan, 2008. "Entry costs and cross-country differences in productivity and output," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 145-167, June.
- Osvaldo Nina & Pablo von Vacano, 2006. "Insumos para la construcción de una Visión Productiva de País," Development Research Working Paper Series 15/2006, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Labor Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Trade and Regional Integration; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; GovernanceIndicators;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .