New Zealand Regions, 1986-2001: Households and families, and their dwellings
Household structures and patterns of home ownership can have important implications for the wellbeing of populations. This paper explores regional differences in household structure and home ownership for the period 1986 to 2001. Over this period there have been some major changes in the distribution of different household structures with a move away from the two-parent household to other household types, such as couple Only and single-person households. Over the same period rates of home ownership have dropped. This paper shows that the patterns and trends for household structures and dwelling tenure vary significantly between regions. This reflects both overall national trends and inequalities between regions.
|Date of creation:||03 Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 64 (0)7 838 4040 (Administrator)
Fax: + 64 (0)7 838 4621
Web page: http://www.waikato.ac.nz/nidea/about-us/psc-historyEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2005.
"A Meta-Analytic Assessment of the Effect of Immigration on Wages,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 451-477, 07.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2004. "A Meta-Analytic Assessment of the Effect of Immigration on Wages," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-47, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Hillcoat-Nallétamby & A. Dharmalingam, 2004. "Solidarity across generations in New Zealand: factors influencing parental support for children within a three-generational context," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-46, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- Jacques Poot, 2005. "Measuring the Economic Impact of Immigration: A Scoping Paper," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-48, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- Sandra Baxendine & Bill Cochrane & Jacques Poot, 2005. "Demographic Change and Transport Needs in the Waikato Region," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-51, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:pscdps:dp-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.