A finite capacity production scheduling procedure for a belgian steel company
We present a finite capacity production scheduling algorithm for an integrated steel company located in Belgium. This multiple-objective optimization model takes various case-specific constraints into account and consists of two steps. A machine assignment step determines the routing of an individual order through the network while a scheduling step makes a detailed timetable for each operation for all orders. The procedure has been tested on randomly generated data instances that reflect the characteristics of the steel company. We report promising computational results and illustrate the flexibility of the optimization model with respect to the various input parameters.
|Date of creation:||04 Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Reep 1, 9000 Gent|
Phone: +32 9 210 98 99
Fax: +32 9 210 97 00
Web page: http://www.vlerick.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tang, Lixin & Liu, Jiyin & Rong, Aiying & Yang, Zihou, 2001. "A review of planning and scheduling systems and methods for integrated steel production," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 1-20, August.
- Peter J. Billington & John O. McClain & L. Joseph Thomas, 1983. "Mathematical Programming Approaches to Capacity-Constrained MRP Systems: Review, Formulation and Problem Reduction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(10), pages 1126-1141, October.
- Rom, Walter O. & Tukel, Oya Icmeli & Muscatello, Joseph R., 2002. "MRP in a job shop environment using a resource constrained project scheduling model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 275-286, August.
- Segerstedt, Anders, 1996. "A capacity-constrained multi-level inventory and production control problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 449-461, August.
- Peter J. Kolesar, 1967. "A Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Knapsack Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(9), pages 723-735, May.
- Gabriel R. Bitran & Arnoldo C. Hax, 1981. "Disaggregation and Resource Allocation Using Convex Knapsack Problems with Bounded Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 431-441, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vlg:vlgwps:2006-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabelle Vandenbroere)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.