XL reinsurance with reinstatements and initial premium feasibility in exchangeability hypothesis
This paper studies excess of loss reinsurance with reinstatements in the case in which the aggregate claims are generated by a discrete distribution, in the framework of risk adjusted premium principle. By regarding to comonotonic exchangeability, a generalized definition of initial premium is proposed and some regularity properties characterizing it are presented, both with reference to conditions on underlying distortion functions both with respect to composing functions. The attention is then focused on conditions ensuring feasibility of generalized initial premiums with reference to the limit on the payment of each claim.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cannaregio, S. Giobbe no 873 , 30121 Venezia|
Web page: http://www.unive.it/dip.economia
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hürlimann, Werner, 2005. "Excess of Loss Reinsurance with Reinstatements Revisited," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 211-238, May.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Marc J. Goovaerts & Rob Kaas & Roger J.A. Laeven & Qihe Tang, 2004.
"A Comonotonic Image of Independence for Additive Risk Measures,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-030/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "A comonotonic image of independence for additive risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 581-594, December.
- Wu, Xianyi & Zhou, Xian, 2006. "A new characterization of distortion premiums via countable additivity for comonotonic risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 324-334, April.
- Antonella Campana & Paola Ferretti, 2010. "Initial premium, aggregate claims and distortion risk measures in XL reinsurance with reinstatements," Working Papers 203, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Mata, Ana J., 2000. "Pricing Excess of Loss Reinsurance with Reinstatements," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 349-368, November.
- Antonella Campana & Paola Ferretti, 2008. "What do distortion risk measures tell us on excess of loss reinsurance with reinstatements ?," Working Papers 175, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ven:wpaper:2011_14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.