Price controls versus compulsory licensing: effects on patent-holders and consumers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bond, Eric W. & Saggi, Kamal, 2014.
"Compulsory licensing, price controls, and access to patented foreign products,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 217-228.
- Eric Saggi & Saggi Saggi, 2012. "Compulsory licensing, price controls, and access to patented foreign products," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 12-00006, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Jean O. Lanjouw, 2005.
"Patents, Price Controls and Access to New Drugs: How Policy Affects Global Market Entry,"
61, Center for Global Development.
- Jean O. Lanjouw, 2005. "Patents, Price Controls, and Access to New Drugs: How Policy Affects Global Market Entry," NBER Working Papers 11321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antara Dutta, 2011. "From Free Entry to Patent Protection: Welfare Implications for the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 160-178, February.
- Margaret K. Kyle, 2007. "Pharmaceutical Price Controls and Entry Strategies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 88-99, February.
More about this item
KeywordsPatented Goods; Compulsory Licensing; Voluntary Licensing; Price Controls; Quality; Welfare;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-10-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2017-10-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2017-10-29 (Intellectual Property Rights)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:vuecon-sub-17-00013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.