Hidden Markov Chain Filtering for Generalised Bessel Processes
Finite-dimensional recursive filters are obtained for generalised Bessel processes with a drift parameter that follows a hidden Markov chain. In particular, filters are constructed for the states, the jumps and the occupation times of the states of the Markov chain. These lead to estimators for the transition rates and the levels of the hidden states of the chain. Finally a minimum variance filter is described that minimises fluctuations of the filters.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as: Elliott, R. and Platen, E., 2001, "Hidden Markov Chain Filtering for Generalised Bessel Processes", Stochastics in Finite and Infinite Dimensions: Trends in Mathematics, 123-143.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fischer Paul & Platen Eckhard, 1999.
"Applications of the balanced method to stochastic differential equations in filtering,"
Monte Carlo Methods and Applications,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 19-38, December.
- Paul Fischer & Eckhard Platen, 1999. "Applications of the Balanced Method to Stochastic Differential Equations in Filtering," Research Paper Series 16, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 1999. "A Minimal Share Market Model with Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 21, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Hélyette Geman & Marc Yor, 1993. "Bessel Processes, Asian Options, And Perpetuities," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 349-375.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.