Analytic Pricing of Contingent Claims Under the Real-World Measure
This article derives a series of analytic formulae for various contingent claims under the real-world probability measure using the stylised minimal market model (SMMM). This model provides realistic dynamics for the growth optimal portfolio (GOP) as a well-diversified equity index. It captures both leptokurtic returns with correct tail properties and the leverage effect. Under the SMMM, the discounted GOP takes the form of a time-transformed squared Bessel process of dimension four. From this property, one finds that the SMMM possesses a special and interesting relationship to non-central chi-square random variables with zero degrees of freedom. The analytic formulae derived under the SMMM include options on the GOP, options on exchange prices and options on zero-coupon bonds. For options on zero-coupon bonds, analytic prices facilitate efficient calculation of interest rate caps and floors.
|Date of creation:||01 Feb 2008|
|Publication status:||Published as: Miller, S. and Platen, E., 2008, "Analytic Pricing of Contingent Claims Under the Real-World Measure", International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, 11(8), 841-867.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"A Two-Factor Model for Low Interest Rate Regimes,"
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 11(1), pages 107-133, March.
- Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2004. "Two-Factor Model for Low Interest Rate Regimes," Research Paper Series 130, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2006. "Local volatility function models under a benchmark approach," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 197-206.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2004. "Local Volatility Function Models under a Benchmark Approach," Research Paper Series 124, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Hardy Hulley & Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2005. "Benchmarking and Fair Pricing Applied to Two Market Models," Research Paper Series 155, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Eckhard Platen, 2003. "An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model," Research Paper Series 97, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.