Rethinking the Informal Economy: Linkages with the Formal Economy and the Formal Regulatory Environment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rakowski, Cathy A., 1994. "Convergence and divergence in the informal sector debate: A focus on Latin America, 1984-92," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 501-516, April.
- Peattie, Lisa, 1987. "An idea in good currency and how it grew: The informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(7), pages 851-860, July.
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:297-310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Floridi, A. & Wagner, N. & Cameron, J., 2016. "A study of Egyptian and Palestine trans-formal firms – A neglected category operating in the borderland between formality and informality," ISS Working Papers - General Series 619, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Gabrielle, Wills, 2009. "South Africa’s Informal Economy: A Statistical Profile," MPRA Paper 52909, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2009. "Increasing Formality and Productivity of Bolivian Firms," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2675.
- Richard Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Benno Torgler, 2007.
"Tax Effort: The Impact of Corruption, Voice and Accountability,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
223, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Richard Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquezb & Benno Torgler, 2007. "Tax Effort: The Impact of corruption, Voice and Accountability," International Tax Program Papers 0702 Classification - JEL, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Richard M. Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Benno Torgler, 2007. "Tax Effort: The Impact of Corruption, Voice and Accountability," CREMA Working Paper Series 2007-13, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Krasynska Svitlana, 2015. "Contra Spem Spero: The Third Sector’s Resilience in the Face of Political Turbulence and Legislative Change in Ukraine," Nonprofit Policy Forum, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 167-186, August.
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2013. "Intergenerational Transmission of Self-Employed Status in the Informal Sector: A Constrained Choice or Better Income Prospects? Evidence from seven West-African Countries," Post-Print hal-01651028, HAL.
- Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2016.
"International Trade, Migration and Unemployment – The Role of Informal Sector,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 8-22, March.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2015. "International Trade, Migration and Unemployment – The Role of Informal Sector," MPRA Paper 68225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:wsi:jdexxx:v:22:y:2017:i:02:n:s108494671750008x is not listed on IDEAS
- Weber, Olaf & Ahmad, Adnan, 2014. "Empowerment Through Microfinance: The Relation Between Loan Cycle and Level of Empowerment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 75-87.
- Roychowdhury, Punarjit, 2011. "Regulation, enforcement and informality: an analysis based on selected countries," MPRA Paper 32150, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7080 is not listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hurtado & Philipp Hessel & Mauricio Avendano, 2017. "The hidden costs of informal work: lack of social protection and subjective well-being in Colombia," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 62(2), pages 187-196, March.
- Grigor Sukiassyan & Jeffrey Nugent, 2008. "Associations versus registration as alternative strategies of small firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 147-161, August.
- Roychowdhury, Punarjit & Dutta, Mousumi, 2011. "Regulation, enforcement and informality: an analysis based on selected countries," MPRA Paper 30818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramani, Shyama V. & Thutupalli, Ajay & Medovarski, Tamas & Chattopadhyay, Sutapa & Ravichandran, Veena, 2013. "Women entrepreneurs in the informal economy: Is formalization the only solution for business sustainability?," MERIT Working Papers 018, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
Keywordsinformal sector; legality; gender; regulation; policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2005-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .