L1-estimation in linear models with heterogeneous white noise
Necessary and sufficient conditions are given for the consistency of the L1-estimator of the regression parameter [beta] in linear models with independent but possibly nonidentically distributed errors. The heteroscedastic case is treated as a particular case. The asymptotic normality of is also established, under assumptions which are weaker than in related results on the asymptotics of the sample median in heteroscedastic location models.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in: Statistics & Probability Letters (1999) v.45,p.305-315|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://difusion.ulb.ac.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Hallin & Ivan Mizera, 2001. "Sample heterogeneity and the asymptotics of M-estimators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2103, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Liese, F. & Vajda, I., 1994. "Consistency of M-Estimates in General Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-114, July.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Marc Hallin & Ivan Mizera, 1997. "Unimodality and the asymptotics of M-estimators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2217, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pollard, David, 1991. "Asymptotics for Least Absolute Deviation Regression Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 186-199, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulb:ulbeco:2013/2083. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.