L1-estimation in linear models with heterogeneous white noise
Necessary and sufficient conditions are given for the consistency of the L1-estimator of the regression parameter [beta] in linear models with independent but possibly nonidentically distributed errors. The heteroscedastic case is treated as a particular case. The asymptotic normality of is also established, under assumptions which are weaker than in related results on the asymptotics of the sample median in heteroscedastic location models.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pollard, David, 1991. "Asymptotics for Least Absolute Deviation Regression Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 186-199, June.
- Liese, F. & Vajda, I., 1994. "Consistency of M-Estimates in General Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-114, July.
- Marc Hallin & Ivan Mizera, 1997. "Unimodality and the asymptotics of M-estimators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2217, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Marc Hallin & Ivan Mizera, 2001. "Sample heterogeneity and the asymptotics of M-estimators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2103, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:45:y:1999:i:4:p:305-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.