Valutazione di opzioni exchange attraverso la simulazione Monte Carlo e stima delle sensitivita'
Exchange options give the holder the right to exchange the asset V for the asset D. They present an important role for the evaluation of investment projects which have uncertainty both in the gross value (underlying asset) and in the investment costs (exercise price). In this paper we propose to elaborate some MATLAB algorithms to estimate exchange options with Monte Carlo simulation. Then, through the estimate and analysis of sensitivity, we compare the most important exchange options emphasizing the american sequential exchange option.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Largo Papa Giovanni Paolo II, 1 -71100- Foggia (I)|
Web page: http://www.dsems.unifg.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Pricing American-style securities using simulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1323-1352, June.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
- Geske, Robert & Johnson, Herb E, 1984. " The American Put Option Valued Analytically," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1511-24, December.
- Giovanni Villani, 2004. "Valutazione di progetti di investimento e-commerce attraverso le opzioni reali," Quaderni DSEMS 06-2004, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Carr, Peter P, 1988. " The Valuation of Sequential Exchange Opportunities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1235-56, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ufg:qdsems:10-2004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luca Grilli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.