Fiscal Policy and Income Redistribution in Latin America: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Engel, Eduardo M. R. A. & Galetovic, Alexander & Raddatz, Claudio E., 1999.
"Taxes and income distribution in Chile: some unpleasant redistributive arithmetic,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 155-192, June.
- Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic & Claudio Raddatz, 1998. "Taxes and Income Distribution in Chile: Some Unpleasant Redistributive Arithmetic," Documentos de Trabajo 41, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Eduardo M.R.A. Engel & Alexander Galetovic & Claudio E. Raddatz, 1998. "Taxes and Income Distribution in Chile: Some Unpleasant Redistributive Arithmetic," NBER Working Papers 6828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nora Lustig, 2011. "Commitment to Equity Assessment (CEQ) A Diagnostic Framework to Assess Governments' Fiscal Policies Handbook," Working Papers 1119, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Nora Lustig, 2011. "Commitment to Equity Assessment (CEQ). A diagnostic framework to assess governments’ fiscal policies. Handbook," Working Papers 212, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nora Lustig, 2011. "Commitment to Equity Assessment (CEQ): A Diagnostic Framework to Assess Governments' Fiscal Policies Handbook," Working Papers 1122, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Karla Breceda & Jamele Rigolini & Jaime Saavedra, 2009.
"Latin America and the Social Contract: Patterns of Social Spending and Taxation,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 35(4), pages 721-748.
- Breceda, Karla & Rigolini, Jamele & Saavedra, Jaime, 2008. "Latin America and the social contract : patterns of social spending and taxation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4604, The World Bank.
- Dillon Alleyne & James Alm & Roy Bahl & Sally Wallace, 2004. "Tax Burden in Jamaica," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0434, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruces Guillermo & Fields Gary S. & Jaume David & Viollaz Mariana, 2015. "The growth-employment-poverty nexus in Latin America in the 2000s: Bolivia country study," WIDER Working Paper Series 070, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:tul:ceqwps:1304 is not listed on IDEAS
- VerÃ³nica Paz Arauco & George Gray Molina & Wilson JimÃ©nez Pozo & Ernesto YÃ¡Ã±ez Aguilar, 2012. "Explaining low redistributive impact in Bolivia," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 06, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Nora Lustig & Sean Higgins, 2012. "Fiscal Incidence, Fiscal Mobility and the Poor: a New Approach," Working Papers 265, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nora Lustig, 2015. "Fiscal Policy and Ethno-Racial Inequality in Bolivia, Brazil, Guatemala and Uruguay," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 22, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Martorano, Bruno, 2011.
"A New Fiscal Pact, Tax Policy Changes and Income Inequality,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
070, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Juan Carlos Gómez-Sabaini & Bruno Martorano, 2012. "A New Fiscal Pact, Tax Policy Changes and Income Inequality," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_03.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Nora Lustig & Sean Higgins, 2012.
"Fiscal Incidence, Fiscal Mobility and the Poor: a New Approach,"
265, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nora Lustig & Sean Higgins, 2012. "Fiscal Incidence, Fiscal Mobility and the Poor: A New Approach," Working Papers 1202, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Fernando Augusto Mansor De Mattos & Natassia Nascimento, 2016. "Aspectos Históricos Dos Efeitos Da Evolução Do Salário Mínimo, Do Mercado De Trabalho E Da Estrutura Tributária Sobre O Perfil Distributivo Brasileiro Desde Meados Do Século Xx," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 033, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Paddy Carter & Alex Cobham, 2016. "Are taxes good for your health?," WIDER Working Paper Series 171, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2013. "Managing Medium-Term Fiscal Challenges," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16573, The World Bank.
- Cuesta, Jose, 2014. "Social Spending, Distribution, and Equality of Opportunities: The Opportunity Incidence Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 106-124.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal incidence; fiscal policy; inequality; poverty; redistribution; social policy; taxes; transfers; Latin America; Argentina; Bolivia; Brazil; Mexico and Peru;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Nora Lustig in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tul:wpaper:1124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yang Wang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detulus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.