Features of Successful Entrepreneurs in Estonia
This paper is based on the E-World research programme focusing on international perspectives of entrepreneurship. In the first stage of this international research project, each country had to conduct focus groups in order to develop a preliminary list of traits and behavioural patterns of successful entrepreneurs. Focus groups combined with individual assessments were used for this task. The following features of successful entrepreneurs in Estonia in 2007 were pointed out most often by all categories of respondents: courage to take risks, openness to new information, flexibility, creativity and determination. Networking and acquiring capital, but also selecting the right team and following agreements were described as ways to success. The focus groups stressed some success factors that were seen as being more important for entrepreneurs operating in Estonia in 2007 than in the 1990s: broad world view, wide social network, innovativeness and creativity and lobbying within EU-related structures.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Papers in Economics.School of Economics and Business Administration,Tallinn University of Technology (TUTWPE), Pages 21-30|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kopli tn. 101, 11712 Tallinn|
Phone: +(372)620 3535
Fax: +(372)620 3946
Web page: http://majandus.ttu.ee
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Urve Venesaar, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and small business research in Estonia: an overview," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, in: Entrepreneurship in Estonia: policies, practices, education and research, volume 28, chapter 14, pages 270-296 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Witt, Ulrich, 1998. "Imagination and leadership - The neglected dimension of an evolutionary theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 161-177, April.
- Morris, Michael H. & Paul, Gordon W., 1987. "The relationship between entrepreneurship and marketing in established firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 247-259.
- Kirzner, Israel M., 1978. "Competition and Entrepreneurship," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226437767.
- Sarasvathy, D. K. & Simon, Herbert A. & Lave, Lester, 1998. "Perceiving and managing business risks: differences between entrepreneurs and bankers," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 207-225, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ttu:wpaper:169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Urve Venesaar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.