What explains the difference between the futures' price and its "fair" value? : evidence from the european options exchange
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Berglund, T. & Kabir, R., 1995. "What explains the difference between the futures' price and its "fair" value? : evidence from the european options exchange," Other publications TiSEM 323234f7-ff9e-46bb-aa61-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- French, Kenneth R., 1983. "A comparison of futures and forward prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 311-342, November.
- Cornell, Bradford & Reinganum, Marc R, 1981. "Forward and Futures Prices: Evidence from the Foreign Exchange Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(5), pages 1035-1045, December.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, Krishna Ramaswamy, 1988. "Index-Futures Arbitrage and the Behavior of Stock Index Futures Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(2), pages 137-158.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Cuny, Charles J & Haugen, Robert A, 1995. "Stock Volatility and the Levels of the Basis and Open Interest in Future Contracts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 281-300, March.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, K C & Karolyi, G Andrew, 1991. "Intraday Volatility in the Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 657-684.
- Hemler, Michael L. & Longstaff, Francis A., 1991. "General Equilibrium Stock Index Futures Prices: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 287-308, September.
- Richard, Scott F. & Sundaresan, M., 1981. "A continuous time equilibrium model of forward prices and futures prices in a multigood economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 347-371, December.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Model of Asset Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 363-384, March.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1990. "The Dynamics of Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(4), pages 441-468, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hietala, Pekka & Jokivuolle, Esa & Koskinen, Yrjö, 1994. "Short-selling restrictions, strategic stock holdings and index futures markets in Finland," Research Discussion Papers 19/1994, Bank of Finland.
- repec:zbw:bofrdp:1994_019 is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chen, Chin-Ho, 2019. "Downside jump risk and the levels of futures-cash basis," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
- Berglund, T. & Kabir, M.R., 2003. "What explains the difference between the futures' price and its "fair" value? Evidence from the Euronext Amsterdam," Other publications TiSEM ec81c70e-739d-4b03-be66-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Garry J. Twite, 1993. "Effect of Stochastic Interest Rates on the Pricing of SPI Futures Contracts," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 17(2), pages 259-269, December.
- Jack S. K. Chang & Jean C. H. Loo & Carolyn C. Wu Chang, 1990. "The Pricing Of Futures Contracts And The Arbitrage Pricing Theory," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(4), pages 297-306, December.
- Heinz Zimmermann & Claudia Zogg-Wetter, 1997. "Preisbildung am schweizerischen SMI-Futuresmarkt: Arbitrage und dynamische Preisbeziehungen," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 133(II), pages 95-132, June.
- Douglas Foster, F. & Lee, Adrian D. & Liu, Wai-Man, 2019. "CFDs, forwards, futures and the cost-of-carry," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 183-198.
- Hodrick, Robert J. & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1987.
"Foreign currency futures,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 1-24, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Sanjay Srivastava, 1985. "Foreign Currency Futures," NBER Working Papers 1743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen E. Satchell & Richard C. Stapleton & Marti G. Subrahmanyam, 1997. "The Pricing of Markedâ€ toâ€ Market Contingent Claims in a Noâ€ Arbitrage Economy," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 22(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Beaulieu, Marie-Claude, 1998. "Time to maturity in the basis of stock market indices: Evidence from the S&P 500 and the MMI," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 177-195, September.
- Naoto Kunitomo & Yong‐Jin Kim, 2007. "Effects Of Stochastic Interest Rates And Volatility On Contingent Claims," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 58(1), pages 71-106, March.
- Naoto Kunitomo & Yong-Jin Kim, 2000. "Effects of Stochastic Interest Rates and Volatility on Contingent Claims," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-67, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chang, Charles & Lin, Emily, 2015. "Cash-futures basis and the impact of market maturity, informed trading, and expiration effects," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 197-213.
- Stanescu, Silvia & Tunaru, Radu & Candradewi, Made Reina, 2014. "Forward–futures price differences in the UK commercial property market: Arbitrage and marking-to-model explanations," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 177-188.
- Yen, Simon & Wang, Jai Jen, 2009. "Information-time based futures pricing," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(18), pages 3826-3836.
- Raimbourg, Philippe & Zimmermann, Paul, 2022. "Is normal backwardation normal? Valuing financial futures with a local index-rate covariance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 298(1), pages 351-367.
- Scalia, Antonio, 1998. "Information transmission and causality in the Italian Treasury bond market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 361-384, October.
- Lafuente, Juan A. & Novales, Alfonso, 2003.
"Optimal hedging under departures from the cost-of-carry valuation: Evidence from the Spanish stock index futures market,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1053-1078, June.
- Lafuente Luengo, Juan Ángel, 2000. "Optimal hedging under departures from the cost of carry valuation: evidence from the spanish stock index futures market," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB 9853, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Alfonso Novales & J.A. Lafuente, 2002. "Optimal hedging under departures from the cost-of-carry valuation: evidence from the Spanish stock index futures market," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0223, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Björn Lutz, 2010. "Pricing of Derivatives on Mean-Reverting Assets," Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Springer, number 978-3-642-02909-7, December.
- Christian Gouriéroux & Joann Jasiak & Peng Xu, 2013. "Non-tradable S&P 500 Index and the Pricing of Its Traded Derivatives," Working Papers 2013-05, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:323234f7-ff9e-46bb-aa61-72a18cc7126a. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Richard Broekman (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.