Public Sector Pension Policies and Capital Accumulation in Emerging Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles R. Hulten, 1996. "Infrastructure Capital and Economic Growth: How Well You Use It May Be More Important Than How Much You Have," NBER Working Papers 5847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Foguel, Miguel N. & Gill, Indermit & Mendonça, Rosane & Barros, Ricardo Paes de, 2000. "The Public-Private Wage Gap in Brazil," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 54(4), October.
- Ugo Panizza, 2000.
"The Public Sector Premium and the Gender Gap in Latin America: Evidence from the 1980s and 1990s,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
3252, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ugo Panizza, 2000. "The Public Sector Premium and the Gender Gap in Latin America: Evidence from the 1980s and 1990s," Research Department Publications 4229, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Loury, Glenn C, 1981. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Distribution of Earnings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 843-867, June.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Douglas Gollin, 2002. "Getting Income Shares Right," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 458-474, April.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Jung, Juergen & Tran, Chung, 2009.
"Macroeconomic implications of early retirement in the public sector: The case of Brazil,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 777-797, April.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2006. "Macroeconomic Implications of Early Retirement in the Public Sector: The Case of Brazil," Caepr Working Papers 2006-008, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- palacios, Robert & Whitehouse, Edward, 2006. "Civil-service pension schemes around the world," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 90340, The World Bank.
- Blankenau, William F. & Simpson, Nicole B., 2004. "Public education expenditures and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 583-605, April.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1994. "Public investment in infrastructure in a simple growth model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1173-1187, November.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser, 1989. "The perverse macroeconomics of debit, deficit and inflation in Brazil," Textos para discussão 2, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Sergio G. Ferreira, 2005. "Pension Reform in Brazil: Transitional Issues in a Model with Endogenous Labor Supply," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2005-02, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Nascimento, Leandro Gonçalves do, 2005. "Welfare and growth effects of alternative fiscal rules for infrastructure investment in Brazil," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 604, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Cassou, Steven P. & Lansing, Kevin J., 1998.
"Optimal fiscal policy, public capital, and the productivity slowdown,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 911-935, June.
- Steven P. Cassou & Kevin J. Lansing, 1995. "Optimal fiscal policy, public capital, and the productivity slowdown," Working Paper 9509, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1994. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 12-21, February.
- Ugo Panizza, 2001. "Public Sector Wages and Bureaucratic Quality: Evidence from Latin America," ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, vol. 0(Fall 2001), pages 97-152, August.
- Raquel Fernandez & Richard Rogerson, 1996. "Income Distribution, Communities, and the Quality of Public Education," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(1), pages 135-164.
- Marcos Bonturi, 2002. "The Brazilian Pension System: Recent Reforms and Challenges Ahead," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 340, OECD Publishing.
- Panizza, Ugo & Qiang, Christine Zhen-Wei, 2005. "Public-private wage differential and gender gap in Latin America: Spoiled bureaucrats and exploited women?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 810-833, December.
- Rangazas, Peter, 2000. "Schooling and economic growth: A King-Rebelo experiment with human capital," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 397-416, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2015.
"A Macroeconomic Analysis Of Energy Subsidies In A Small Open Economy,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(4), pages 1783-1806, October.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2013. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy," Working Papers 2013-02, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Gerhard Glomm & Jürgen Jung, 2015. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Energy Subsidies in a Small Open Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 5201, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gerhard Glomm & Juergen Jung, 2010. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of the Fiscal System in Egypt," Working Papers 2010-17, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Security Reform; Generous Public Sector Pensions; Capital Accumulation; Public Education and Infrastructure Investments;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-07-03 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2009-07-03 (Education)
- NEP-MAC-2009-07-03 (Macroeconomics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:swe:wpaper:2009-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hongyi Li). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/senswau.html .