Water Use, Shadow Prices and the Canadian Business Sector Productivity Performance
This paper develops a production framework that allows for self-supplied water intake, an unpriced 'natural' input. The framework is then exploited to estimate the corresponding water shadow prices and to assess the extent to which water impacts on the multifactor productivity performance of the Canadian business sector's industries.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0T6|
Web page: http://www.statcan.gc.ca
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven Renzetti, 1992. "Estimating the Structure of Industrial Water Demands: The Case of Canadian Manufacturing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 396-404.
- Lasserre, Pierre & Ouellette, Pierre, 1991.
"The measurement of productivity and scarcity rents : The case of asbestos in Canada,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 287-312, June.
- Gatien, M.A. & Lasserre, P. & Ouellette, P., 1987. "The Measurement of Productivity and Scarcity Rent: the Case of Asbestos in Canada," Cahiers de recherche 8747, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Diane Dupont & Steven Renzetti, 2001. "The Role of Water in Manufacturing," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(4), pages 411-432, April.
- Dupont, D.P. & Renzetti, S., 1996.
"The Role of Water in the Canadian Manufacturing Industry,"
1996-07, Brock University, Department of Economics.
- Dupont, D.P. & Renzetti, S., 1996. "The Role of Water in the Canadian Manufacturing Industry," Papers 1996-07, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Frank Gollop & Gregory P. Swinand, 2001. "Total Resource Productivity. Accounting for Changing Environmental Quality," NBER Chapters, in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 587-608 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diaz, Aldo & Harchaoui, Tarek M, 1997. "Accounting for Exhaustible Resources in the Canadian System of National Accounts: Flows, Stocks and Productivity Measures," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(4), pages 465-85, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stc:stcp5e:2004026e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.