Can New Orleans Play Its Way Past Katrina? The Role of Professional Sports in the Redevelopment of New Orleans
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2006. "Can New Orleans Play Its Way Past Katrina? The Role of Professional Sports in the Redevelopment of New Orleans," Working Papers 0603, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert A. Baade & Victor A. Matheson, 2001. "Home Run or Wild Pitch?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 307-327, November.
More about this item
Keywordssports; public finance; economic impact; New Orleans; Hurricane Katrina;
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2006-04-08 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2006-04-08 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2006-04-08 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-04-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .