Risks and regulation of insurance companies: is Solvency II the right answer?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- René Doff, 2016. "The Final Solvency II Framework: Will It Be Effective?," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 587-607, October.
- Greg Brunner & Pablo Gottret & Birgit Hansl & Vijayasekar Kalavakonda & Somil Nagpal & Nicole Tapay, 2012. "Private Voluntary Health Insurance : Consumer Protection and Prudential Regulation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13093, April.
- Pasiouras, Fotios & Gaganis, Chrysovalantis, 2013. "Regulations and soundness of insurance firms: International evidence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 632-642.
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Liu, Liuling & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2015. "Regulations, profitability, and risk-adjusted returns of European insurers: An empirical investigation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 55-77.
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance; Regulation; Solvency II; Liquidity risk; Systemic risk;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-03-15 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-IAS-2008-03-15 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-REG-2008-03-15 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2008-03-15 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:08-007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .