Climate Change and Violent Conflict in Europe over the Last Millennium
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iyigun, Murat & Nunn, Nathan & Qian, Nancy, 2017.
"Winter is Coming: The Long-Run Effects of Climate Change on Conflict, 1400-1900,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10475, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Iyigun, Murat & Nunn, Nathan & Qian, Nancy, 2017. "Winter is Coming: The Long-Run Effects of Climate Change on Conflict, 1400-1900," CEPR Discussion Papers 11760, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Murat Iyigun & Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2017. "Winter is Coming: The Long-Run Effects of Climate Change on Conflict, 1400-1900," NBER Working Papers 23033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2009. "The Economic Effects of Climate Change," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 29-51, Spring.
- Kyosuke Kikuta, 2019. "Postdisaster Reconstruction as a Cause of Intrastate Violence: An Instrumental Variable Analysis with Application to the 2004 Tsunami in Sri Lanka," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 63(3), pages 760-785, March.
More about this item
Keywordshistory; violent conflict; Europe; climate change;
All these keywords.
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2008-01-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-01-26 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgc:wpaper:154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zmhamde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Uwe Schneider The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Uwe Schneider to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zmhamde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.