Refined (Successive) H-Indices: An Application To Economics In The Republic Of Ireland
We rank economics departments in the Republic of Ireland according to the number of publications, number of citations, and (successive) h-index of research-active staff. We increase the discriminatory power of the h-index by introducing two ancillary indices. The first (h+) measures the excess over the actual h-index, while the second index (h?) measures the distance to the next h-index. The latter index is readily used to make the h-index a rational number.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2007|
|Publication status:||Published, Scientometrics, 75 (2), 395-405|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bundesstrasse 55, 20146 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 40 42838 6593
Fax: +49 40 42838 7009
Web page: http://www.fnu.zmaw.de/
More information through EDIRC
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:
- > Economics Profession > Ranking in Economics
- > Economics Profession > Ranking in Economics > Ranking Economists
- Gary W. Yohe & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "Precaution And A Dismal Theorem: Implications For Climate Policy And Climate Research," Working Papers FNU-145, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Aug 2007.
- Christian Zimmermann, 2013.
"Academic Rankings with RePEc,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-32, December.
- Christian Zimmermann, 2007. "Academic Rankings with RePEc," Working papers 2007-36, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2009.
- Christian Zimmermann, 2012. "Academic rankings with RePEc," Working Papers 2012-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2008. "A rational, successive g-index applied to economics departments in Ireland," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 149-155.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "A Rational, Successive G-Index Applied To Economics Departments In Ireland," Working Papers FNU-147, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Sep 2007.
- Alireza Abbasi & Jorn Altmann, 2010. "On the Correlation between Research Performance and Social Network Analysis Measures Applied to Research Collaboration Networks," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201066, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Oct 2010.
- Glenn Ellison, 2010. "How does the Market Use Citation Data? The Hirsch Index in Economics," CESifo Working Paper Series 3188, CESifo Group Munich.
- Glenn Ellison, 2010. "How Does the Market Use Citation Data? The Hirsch Index in Economics," NBER Working Papers 16419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Frittelli & Ilaria Peri, 2012. "From Risk Measures to Research Measures," Papers 1205.1012, arXiv.org.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "Of The H-Index And Its Alternatives: An Application To The 100 Most Prolific Economists," Working Papers FNU-146, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Sep 2007.
- Seiler, Christian & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2012. "Ranking economists on the basis of many indicators: An alternative approach using RePEc data," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 389-402.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists on the Basis of Many Indicators: An Alternative Approach Using RePEc Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 3691, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists and Economic Institutions Using RePEc: Some Remarks," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 96, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Glenn Ellison, 2013. "How Does the Market Use Citation Data? The Hirsch Index in Economics," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 63-90, July.
- Karol Paludkiewicz & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2010. "Qualitätsanalyse von Zeitschriften in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften – über Zitationsdatenbanken und Impaktfaktoren im Online-Zeitalter," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 63(21), pages 18-28, November.
- Alireza Abbasi & Jorn Altmann & Junseok Hwang, 2009. "Evaluating Scholars Based on their Academic Collaboration Activities: The RC-Index and CC-Index for Quantifying Collaboration Activities of Researchers and Scientific Communities," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200915, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Sep 2009.
- Abbasi, Alireza & Altmann, Jörn & Hossain, Liaquat, 2011. "Identifying the effects of co-authorship networks on the performance of scholars: A correlation and regression analysis of performance measures and social network analysis measures," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 594-607.
- Alireza Abbasi & Jorn Altmann & Liaquat Hossain, 2011. "Identifying the Effects of Co-Authorship Networks on the Performance of Scholars: A Correlation and Regression Analysis of Performance Measures and Social Network Analysis Measures," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201176, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jun 2011.
- Christine Schleupner & P. Michael Link, 2008. "Eiderstedt im Spannungsfeld zwischen Naturschutz- und Agrarpolitik - Entwicklung eines methodischen Ansatzes für ein nachhaltiges Ressourcenmanagement," Working Papers FNU-168, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Aug 2008.
- Anania, Giovanni & Caruso, Annarosa, 2012. "Two New Simple Bibliometric Indexes to Better Evaluate Research in Economics," Congress Papers 124116, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- P. Michael Link & C. Ivie Ramos & Uwe A. Schneider & Erwin Schmid & J. Balkovic & R. Skalsky, 2008. "The interdependencies between food and biofuel production in European agriculture - an application of EUFASOM," Working Papers FNU-165, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jul 2008.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgc:wpaper:130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Uwe Schneider)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed