Fundamentals and Optimal Institutions: The case of US sports leagues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski (ed.), 2006. "Handbook on the Economics of Sport," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3274, February.
- Bizzozero, Paolo & Flepp, Raphael & Franck, Egon, 2016.
"The importance of suspense and surprise in entertainment demand: Evidence from Wimbledon,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 47-63.
- Paolo Bizzozero & Raphael Flepp & Egon Franck, 2016. " The Importance of Suspense and Surprise in Entertainment Demand: Evidence from Wimbledon," Working Papers 357, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Aronow, Peter M. & Samii, Cyrus & Assenova, Valentina A., 2015. "Cluster–Robust Variance Estimation for Dyadic Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(04), pages 564-577, September.
- Sonia Falconieri & Frédéric Palomino & József Sákovics, 2004. "Collective Versus Individual Sale of Television Rights in League Sports," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 833-862, September.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2010.
"The Effect of Luxury Taxes on Competitive Balance, Club Profits, and Social Welfare in Sports Leagues,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 5(1), pages 41-51, February.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2008. "The Effect of Luxury Taxes on Competitive Balance, Club Profits, and Social Welfare in Sports Leagues," Working Papers 0823, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists, revised Jun 2009.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2008. "The Effect of Luxury Taxes on Competitive Balance, Club Profits, and Social Welfare in Sports Leagues," Working Papers 0091, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Jul 2009.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2008. "The Effect of Luxury Taxes on Competitive Balance, Club Profits, and Social Welfare in Sports Leagues," Working Papers 0023, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised Jul 2009.
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski, 2006.
"Handbook on the Economics of Sport,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "Handbook on the Economics of Sport," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00275933, HAL.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-1319, Nov.-Dec..
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00270122 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:wbecrv:v:32:y:2018:i:2:p:307-333. is not listed on IDEAS
- Martín A Rossi & Christian A Ruzzier, 2018.
"Career Choices and the Evolution of the College Gender Gap,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 32(2), pages 307-333.
- Martín Rossi & Christian Ruzzier, 2015. "Career Choices and the Evolution of the College Gender Gap," Working Papers 120, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Mar 2015.
More about this item
Keywordsregulations; institutional choice; sport economics; win probability;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sad:wpaper:128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamara Sulaque) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Tamara Sulaque to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desanar.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.