Internal audit: the expert in providing comfort to the audit committee. The case of risk management and internal control
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Covaleski, Mark A. & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Rittenberg, Larry, 2003. "Jurisdictional disputes over professional work: the institutionalization of the global knowledge expert," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 323-355, May.
- Paul Collier & Mahbub Zaman, 2005. "Convergence in European Corporate Governance: the audit committee concept," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 753-768, November.
- Gendron, Yves & Bedard, Jean, 2006. "On the constitution of audit committee effectiveness," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 211-239, April.
- Stuart Turley & Mahbub Zaman, 2004. "The Corporate Governance Effects of Audit Committees," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 8(3), pages 305-332, June.
- Laura F. Spira, 2003. "Audit Committees: begging the question?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 180-188, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Norman, Carolyn Strand & Rose, Jacob M. & Suh, Ik Seon, 2011. "The effects of disclosure type and audit committee expertise on Chief Audit Executives' tolerance for financial misstatements," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 102-108, February.
More about this item
Keywordsinternal audit; audit committee; risk management; internal control; comfort; expert; sociology of professions; case studies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:06/428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .