Pre-emptive resource-constrained project scheduling with setup times
Resource-constrained project scheduling with activity pre-emption assumes that activities are allowed to be interrupted and restarted later in the schedule at no extra cost. In the current paper, we extend this pre-emptive scheduling problem with setup times between activity interruptions and the possibility to fast track pre-emptive subparts of activities. The contribution of the paper is twofold. First, we present an optimal branch-and-bound procedure for the pre-emptive resource-constrained project scheduling problem with setup times and fast tracking options. Second, we test the impact of these pre-emptive extensions to the quality of the schedule from a lead-time point-of-view.
|Date of creation:||May 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++ 32 (0) 9 264 34 61
Fax: ++ 32 (0) 9 264 35 92
Web page: http://www.ugent.be/eb
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Debels, D. & Vanhoucke, M., 2006.
"The impact of various activity assumptions on the lead-time and resource utilization of resource-constrained projects,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2006-15, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- D. Debels & M. Vanhoucke, 2006. "The impact of various activity assumptions on the lead-time and resource utilization of resource-constrained projects," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/385, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Kolisch, Rainer & Padman, R., 2001. "An integrated survey of deterministic project scheduling," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 8114, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Kolisch, R. & Padman, R., 2001. "An integrated survey of deterministic project scheduling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 249-272, June.
- Brucker, Peter & Drexl, Andreas & Mohring, Rolf & Neumann, Klaus & Pesch, Erwin, 1999. "Resource-constrained project scheduling: Notation, classification, models, and methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-41, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:06/391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.