Financial Crisis and Crisis Management in Sweden. Lessons for Today
This paper gives an account of the Swedish financial crisis covering the period 1985–2000, dealing with financial deregulation and the boom in the late 1980s, the bust and the financial crisis in the early 1990s, the recovery from the crisis and the bank resolution policy adopted during the crisis. The paper focuses on three issues: the causes and consequences of the financial crisis, the policy response concerning bank resolution, and the applicability of the Swedish model of bank crisis management for countries currently facing financial problems.
|Date of creation:||20 Nov 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 3-2-5, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008, Japan|
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calomiris, Charles W & Klingebiel, Daniela & Laeven, Luc, 2004. "A taxonomy of financial crisis resolution mechanisms : cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3379, The World Bank.
- Lars Jonoug & Jaakko Kiander & Pentti Vartia (ed.), 2009. "The Great Financial Crisis in Finland and Sweden," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13404.
- Burkhard Drees & Ceyla Pazarbasioglu, 1998. "The Nordic Banking Crisis; Pitfalls in Financial Liberalization: Pitfalls in Financial Liberalization," IMF Occasional Papers 161, International Monetary Fund.
- Hongyi Chen & Lars Jonung & Olaf Unteroberdoerster, 2014.
"Lessons for China from Financial Liberalization in Scandinavia,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-44, February.
- Hongyi Chen & Lars Jonung & Olaf Unteroberdoerster, 2009. "Lessons for China from Financial Liberalization in Scandinavia," Working Papers 262009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Hongyi Chen & Lars Jonung & Olaf Unteroberdoerster, 2009. "Lessons for China from financial liberalization in Scandinavia," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 383, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Lars Jonung, 2008. "Lessons from Financial Liberalisation in Scandinavia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 50(4), pages 564-598, December.
- Jonung, Lars & Fregert, Klas, 2008. "Inflation Targeting Is a Success, So Far: 100 Years of Evidence from Swedish Wage Contracts," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-25.
- Fregert, Klas & Jonung, Lars, 2008. "Inflation Targeting Is a Success, So Far: 100 Years of Evidence from Swedish Wage Contracts," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-24, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jennergren, L. Peter, 2001. "The Swedish Finance Company Crisis -- Could It Have Been Anticipated?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2001:6, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 12 Dec 2001.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Englund, Peter, 1999. "The Swedish Banking Crisis: Roots and Consequences," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 80-97, Autumn. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)