A Term Structure of Growth
We use a new data set on dividend futures with maturities up to 10 years to uncover the term structure of risk-adjusted expected dividend growth across three major regions around the world: the US, Europe and Japan. We compare the term structur es of growth before and after the financial crisis and analyze the impact of specific events during the financial crisis. We find that the crisis is accompanied by decreases in both short- and long-term growth expectations for all three regions. The current risk-adjusted 10-year nominal growth outlook for the US is substantially higher than that for Europe and Japan.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jules van Binsbergen & Michael Brandt & Ralph Koijen, 2012.
"On the Timing and Pricing of Dividends,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1596-1618, June.
- Jules Vanbinsbergen & Michael W. Brandt & Ralph Koijen, 2010. "On the Timing and Pricing of Dividends," Working Papers 2010-010, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Jules H. van Binsbergen & Michael W. Brandt & Ralph S.J. Koijen, . "On the Timing and Pricing of Dividends," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 11-13, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Jules H. van Binsbergen & Michael W. Brandt & Ralph S.J. Koijen, 2010. "On the Timing and Pricing of Dividends," NBER Working Papers 16455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Lustig, Hanno & Roussanov, Nikolai & Verdelhan, Adrien, 2014.
"Countercyclical currency risk premia,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 527-553.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- John H. Cochrane & Monika Piazzesi, 2002.
"Bond Risk Premia,"
NBER Working Papers
9178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed011:672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.