The Effect of the Australian Superannuation Guarantee on Household Saving Behaviour
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samwick, Andrew A., 1998.
"New evidence on pensions, social security, and the timing of retirement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 207-236, November.
- Andrew A. Samwick, 1998. "New Evidence on Pensions, Social Security, and the Timing of Retirement," NBER Working Papers 6534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikola Dvornak & Marion Kohler, 2007.
"Housing Wealth, Stock Market Wealth and Consumption: A Panel Analysis for Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(261), pages 117-130, June.
- Nikola Dvornak & Marion Kohler, 2003. "Housing Wealth, Stock Market Wealth and Consumption: A Panel Analysis for Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2003-07, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Alberto Abadie & David Drukker & Jane Leber Herr & Guido W. Imbens, 2004. "Implementing matching estimators for average treatment effects in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 290-311, September.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2001.
"The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1149-1187.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2000. "The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior," NBER Working Papers 7682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gianni La Cava & John Simon, 2003. "A Tale of Two Surveys: Household Debt and Financial Constraints in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2003-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- James M. Poterba & Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1996. "How Retirement Saving Programs Increase Saving," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 91-112, Fall.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2000. "Social Security Reform and National Saving in an Era of Budget Surpluses," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(2), pages 1-72.
- John Freebairn, 2004. "Some Long-Run Labour Market Effects of the Superannuation Guarantee," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 37(2), pages 191-197, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Kudrna & Alan D. Woodland, 2013.
"Macroeconomic and Welfare Effects of the 2010 Changes to Mandatory Superannuation,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(287), pages 445-468, December.
- George Kudrna & Alan Woodland, 2012. "Macroeconomic and Welfare Effects of the 2010 Changes to Mandatory Superannuation," Working Papers 201210, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Ross Guest, 2010. "Policy Options to Increase Retirement Saving in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 43(3), pages 293-301.
- Amy Beech & Rosetta Dollman & Richard Finlay & Gianni La Cava, 2014. "The Distribution of Household Spending in Australia," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 13-22, March.
- Akshay Shanker & Sacha Vidler, 2014. "Offsets to compulsory superannuation: do people consciously choose their level of retirement saving?," CAMA Working Papers 2014-65, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- David Law & Lisa Meehan & Grant M Scobie, 2011. "KiwiSaver: An Initial Evaluation of the Impact on Retirement Saving," Treasury Working Paper Series 11/04, New Zealand Treasury.
More about this item
Keywordssuperannuation; household saving; pension reform; HILDA;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbardp:rdp2007-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.