The Impact of Stock Markets on China's Economic Development: Some Preliminary Assessments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atje, Raymond & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1993. "Stock markets and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 632-640, April.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 783-799, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Philip Arestis, 1996. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/16, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Catherine Bonser-Neal & Kathryn L Dewenter, 1999. "Does Financial Market Development Stimulate Savings? Evidence From Emerging Stock Markets," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 370-380, July.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G. & Zheng, Yuxin, 1996. "Chinese Industrial Productivity: Trends, Measurement Issues, and Recent Developments," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 146-180, October.
- Harris, Richard D. F., 1997. "Stock markets and development: A re-assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 139-146, January.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996. "Stock Markets, Corporate Finance, and Economic Growth: An Overview," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 223-239, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zheng Song & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2011. "Growing Like China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 196-233, February.
- Fan, Xuejun & Jacobs, Jan & Lensink, Robert, 2005. "Chicken or egg: financial development and economic growth in China, 1992-2004," CCSO Working Papers 200509, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Enrico Geretto & Rubens Pauluzzo, 2012. "Stock Exchange Markets in China: Structure and Main Problems," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(1), pages 89-106, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2003-11-16 (Development)
- NEP-FIN-2003-11-16 (Finance)
- NEP-MFD-2003-11-16 (Microfinance)
- NEP-TRA-2003-11-16 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .