The Impact of Stock Markets on China's Economic Development: Some Preliminary Assessments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Bonser-Neal & Kathryn L Dewenter, 1999. "Does Financial Market Development Stimulate Savings? Evidence From Emerging Stock Markets," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 370-380, July.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996. "Stock Markets, Corporate Finance, and Economic Growth: An Overview," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 223-239, May.
- Atje, Raymond & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1993. "Stock markets and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 632-640, April.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 783-799, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Philip Arestis, 1996. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/16, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G. & Zheng, Yuxin, 1996. "Chinese Industrial Productivity: Trends, Measurement Issues, and Recent Developments," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 146-180, October.
- Harris, Richard D. F., 1997. "Stock markets and development: A re-assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 139-146, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zheng Song & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2011. "Growing Like China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 196-233, February.
- Fan, Xuejun & Jacobs, Jan & Lensink, Robert, 2005. "Chicken or egg: financial development and economic growth in China, 1992-2004," CCSO Working Papers 200509, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Enrico Geretto & Rubens Pauluzzo, 2012. "Stock Exchange Markets in China: Structure and Main Problems," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), pages 89-106.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .