Cost-Benefit Analysis for Investment Decisions: Chapter 12 (The Economic Opportunity Cost of Labor)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin W. Boadway & Frank R. Flatters, 1981.
"The Efficiency Basis for Regional Employment Policy,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 58-77, February.
- Robin Boadway & Frank Flatters, 1979. "The Efficiency Basis for Regional Employment Policy," Working Papers 341, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Heady, Christopher John, 1981. "Shadow Wages and Induced Migration," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 108-121, March.
- Hasan Ali Bicak & Glenn P Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo & M Benjamin Mphahlele, 2004.
"An Operational Guide To The Estimation Of The Economic Opportunity Cost Of Labour In South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(5), pages 1057-1068, December.
- Hasan Ali Biçak & Glenn P. Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo & M Benjamin Mphahlele, 2004. "An Operational Guide to The Estimation Of The Economic Opportunity Cost Of Labour In South Africa," Development Discussion Papers 2004-08, JDI Executive Programs.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1988. "Migration, Welfare, Inequality and Shadow Wage," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 477-486, September.
- Bell, Clive, 1991. "Regional heterogeneity, migration, and shadow prices," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-27, October.
- Glenn P. Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 1978.
"On Measuring the Social Opportunity Cost of Permanent and Temporary Employment,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(2), pages 220-239, May.
- Glenn P. Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 1978. "On Measuring the Social Opportunity Cost of Permanent and Temporary Employment," Development Discussion Papers 1978-10, JDI Executive Programs.
More about this item
Keywordssupply price of labor; labor externalities; temporary jobs; permanent jobs; migration; protected sector; open sector; quasi voluntary unemployment; unemployment insurance;
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:dpaper:205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bahman Kashi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.