Numerical Analysis in Econom(etr)ic Softwares: the Data-Memory Shortage Management
The econometricians and the economic modelers have to know and use numerical analysis not only to have a good understanding of their results, but sometimes to built their own tools. The increasing tendency to the use of large-scale models leads the softwares to reach the limit of the saturation of the Data-Memory. In this paper, we present an intuitive procedure DMT - i.e. Disk-Matrix Technique - which could help econom(etr)ic software developers to correct the problem of the data-memory shortage during the building of their own software.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2002. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: Growing Economies from the Bottom Up," Staff General Research Papers 5075, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kendrick, David A & Amman, Hans M, 1999.
"Programming Languages in Economics,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 151-81, October.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1.
- Fair, Ray C., 1996. "Computational methods for macroeconometric models," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 143-169 Elsevier.
- Buda, Rodolphe, 2001. "Les algorithmes de la modélisation : une analyse critique pour la modélisation économique," MPRA Paper 3926, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2004.
- Cribari-Neto, Francisco, 1999. "C for Econometricians," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 135-49, October.
- Stephen Wendel & Catherine Dibble, 2007. "Dynamic Agent Compression," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 10(2), pages 9.
- Nerlove, Marc, 2003. "Programming Languages: A Short History For Economists," Working Papers 28555, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.