Modelling the impact of social media influencers on behavioural intentions of millennials: The case of tourism in rural areas in Greece
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Papathanassis, Alexis & Knolle, Friederike, 2011. "Exploring the adoption and processing of online holiday reviews: A grounded theory approach," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 215-224.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Simeli, Ioanna, 2017. "Perception of service quality in agrotourism accommodations: Impact on guest loyalty and re-visit intentions," MPRA Paper 87914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shrum, L J & Wyer, Robert S, Jr & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1998. " The Effects of Television Consumption on Social Percrptions: The Use of Priming Procedures to Investigate Psychological Processes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 447-458, March.
- Xiang, Zheng & Gretzel, Ulrike, 2010. "Role of social media in online travel information search," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 179-188.
- Holt, Douglas B, 1995. " How Consumers Consume: A Typology of Consumption Practices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Küçükaltan, Ebru Günlü & Pirnar, Ige, 2016. "Competitiveness factors of a tourism destination and impact on residents’ quality of life: The case of Cittaslow-Seferihisar," MPRA Paper 77464, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Apr 2016.
- Revilla Hernández, Mercedes & Santana Talavera, Agustín & Parra López, Eduardo, 2016. "Effects of co-creation in a tourism destination brand image through twitter," MPRA Paper 77595, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Nov 2016.
- Zafiropoulos, Kostas & Vrana, Vasiliki & Antoniadis, Konstantinos, 2015. "Use of twitter and Facebook by top European museums," MPRA Paper 77408, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Nov 2015.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos & Kassianidis, Panagiotis & Sigala, Marianna, 2009. "Examining the Relationship between Emotions, Customer Satisfaction and Future Behavioral Intentions in Agrotourism," MPRA Paper 25355, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Sep 2009.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Misirlis, Nikolaos & Lekakos, George & Vlachopoulou, Maro, 2018. "Associating Facebook Measurable Activities with Personality Traits: A Fuzzy Sets Approach," MPRA Paper 90100, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Mar 2018.
- Ezza, Alberto & Marinò, Ludovico & Giovanelli, Lucia, 2019. "Assessing the impact of tourism on hospitals’ performance in a coastal destination," MPRA Paper 93999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Magadán-Díaz, Marta & Sotiriadis, Marios & Rivas-García, Jesús, 2019. "Drivers of eco-innovation in the Spanish hospitality industry," MPRA Paper 94090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Temperini, Valerio & Gregori, Gian Luca & Pizzichini, Lucia, 2019. "E-learning as a marketing tool for Tour Operators. The ‘Go Academy’ case study," MPRA Paper 94075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Murphy, Daniel, 2019. "Increasing clicks through advanced targeting: Applying the third-party seal model to airline advertising," MPRA Paper 93886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Del Chiappa, Giacomo & Balboni, Bernardo, 2019. "Travellers’ choice of information sources and information channels for domestic trips," MPRA Paper 93998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martins, Marco Martins, 2018. "Tourism Planning and Tourismphobia: An Analysis of the Strategic Tourism Plan of Barcelona 2010-2015," MPRA Paper 88203, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spyridou, Anastasia, 2019. "Evaluating Factors of Small and Medium Hospitality Enterprises Business Failure: a conceptual approach," MPRA Paper 93997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos & Simeli, Ioanna, 2017. "Delegate satisfaction from conference service quality and its impact on future behavioural intentions," MPRA Paper 93933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dionisia Tzavara & Phaedra Clarke & Fotios Misopoulos, 2019. "An Investigation of the Impact of Facebook and Instagram on Consumer Buying Behaviour: The Case of Retail Fashion Consumers in Rhodes, Greece," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 12(2), pages 81-87, December.
- Christou, Evangelos & Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula, 2019. "Experiential learning through industrial placement in hospitality education: The meat in the sandwich," MPRA Paper 98497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mason, Michela Cesarina & Moretti, Andrea & Raggiotto, Francesco & Paggiaro, Adriano, 2019. "Conceptualizing triathlon sport event travelers’ behavior," MPRA Paper 94187, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos, 2020. "Adoption of social media as distribution channels in tourism marketing: A qualitative analysis of consumers’ experiences," MPRA Paper 98175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mavragani, Eleni & Nikolaidou, Paraskevi & Theodoraki, Efi, 2019. "Traveler segmentation through Social Media for intercultural marketing purposes: The case of Halkidiki," MPRA Paper 93526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hernandez-Maskivker, Gilda & Ferrari, Sonia & Cruyt, Aurélie Nathalie J., 2019. "Exploring community stakeholders’ perceptions of mass tourism: the case of Bruges," MPRA Paper 94223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkiopoulos, Constantinos & Antonopoulou, Hera & Papadopoulos, Dimitrios & Giannoukou, Ioanna & Gkintoni, Evgenia, 2020. "Online reservation systems in e-Business: Analyzing decision making in e-Tourism," MPRA Paper 98230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mombeuil, Claudel, 2018. "Interaction from tourism development in Port-au-Prince, Haiti," MPRA Paper 88204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fotiadis, Anestis, 2018. "Modelling wedding marketing strategies: An fsQCA Analysis," MPRA Paper 88249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos & Simeli, Ioanna, 2019. "Confidence and loyalty for agrotourism brands: The Lesvos paradigm," MPRA Paper 93898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsRural tourism marketing; rural economic development; social media; influencer marketing; millennials;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:87916. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.