Topological spaces for which every closed and semi-closed preorder respectively admits a continuous multi-utility representation
On basis of the meanwhile classical continuous multi-utility representation theorem of Levin on locally compact and $\sigma$-compact Hausdorff-spaces the question of characterizing all topological spaces $(X,t)$ for which every closed and semi-closed preorder respectively admits a continuous multi-utility representation will be discussed. In this way we are able to provide the fundaments of a purely topological theory that systematically combines topological and order theoretic aspects of the continuous multi-utility representation problem.
|Date of creation:||04 Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herden, G., 1989. "On the existence of utility functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 297-313, June.
- Edi Karni & Tsogbadral Galaabaatar, 2012.
"Expected Multi-Utility Representations,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
592, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Bosi, Gianni & Herden, Gerhard, 2012. "Continuous multi-utility representations of preorders," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 212-218.
- Evren, Özgür & Ok, Efe A., 2011. "On the multi-utility representation of preference relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 554-563.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2012.
"Multiutility representations for incomplete difference preorders,"
41182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2013. "Multiutility representations for incomplete difference preorders," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 196-220.
- Herden, G. & Mehta, G. B., 2004. "The Debreu Gap Lemma and some generalizations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 747-769, November.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, July.
- Herden, G., 1989. "On the existence of utility functions ii," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 107-117, October.
- Özgür Evren, 2008. "On the existence of expected multi-utility representations," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 575-592, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.