Heckscher Ohlin Vanek Theorem: an excess supply approach
The paper attempts to work out Heckscher Ohlin Vanek theorem with the help of excess supply approach. The study examines trade performance of ten manufacturing industries on a cross section of 46 countries for the year 2009. Factors taken into consideration are primary, secondary and tertiary educated labor, capital stock, arable land. Data sources such as world integrated trade solutions, Barro and Lee database, world development indicators, food and agriculture organisation etc are used to empirically test the theorem. The results suggest that capital stock, higher education and land are the factors which are creating comparative advantage in current trade pattern and further HOV theorem proves out to be still valid in more than 60% of the cases.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anna J. Schwartz, 2002.
"Asset Price Inflation and Monetary Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
9321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Barro, Robert J, 2001.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross-Section of Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 465-88, November.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," Papers 659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 6198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hakura, Dalia S., 2001. "Why does HOV fail?: The role of technological differences within the EC," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 361-382, August.
- Bowen, Harry P & Leamer, Edward E & Sveikauskas, Leo, 1987.
"Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 791-809, December.
- Harry P. Bowen & Edward E. Leamer & Leo Sveikauskas, 1986. "Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory," NBER Working Papers 1918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.