Impact of Fiscal Policy on the Economy of Pakistan
This research paper endeavors the relationship and the positive effect between tax rates, inflation rate and the balance of trade in Pakistan by utilizing the economic survey and current scenario of increasing tax rate because of increasing inflation rates and decreasing of balance of trade to represent the economic position of Pakistan. The data by the researcher was all on yearly basis for the above variables and the tax rate was being recorded by the direct and indirect from the period of 1979 to 2009. The research implement regression model to test the effect of tax rates progression on inflation rate rates and another 2-stage least square test of tax rate on balance of trade so in this result, shows that there was a significant impact in these variables. The study concluded on this way that there was no significant association between tax rates on inflation rate in Pakistan. There was the impact of tax rate on balance of trade.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Publication status:||Published in South Asian Journal of Management Sciences 1.4(2010): pp. 14-22|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gali, Jordi & Monacelli, Tommaso, 2008.
"Optimal monetary and fiscal policy in a currency union,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 116-132, September.
- Galí, Jordi & Monacelli, Tommaso, 2005. "Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policy in a Currency Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 5374, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tommaso Monacelli & Jordi Galí, 2005. "Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policy in a Currency Union," Working Papers 300, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Jordi Gali & Tommaso Monacelli, 2005. "Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policy in a Currency Union," NBER Working Papers 11815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Galí & Tommaso Monacelli, 2005. "Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policy in a Currency Union," Working Papers 240, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Galí & Tommaso Monacelli, 2005. "Optimal monetary and fiscal policy in a currency union," Economics Working Papers 909, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2008.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1996. "Horizontalism, Structuralism, Liquidity Preference and the Principle of Increasing Risk," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 275-300, August.
- Lavoie, M, 1995. "Horizontalism, Structuralism, Liquidity Preference and the Principle of Increasing Risk," Working Papers 9513e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- António AFONSO & Ricardo SOUSA, "undated". "Fiscal Policy, Housing and Stock Prices," EcoMod2010 259600005, EcoMod.
- António Afonso & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2008. "Fiscal Policy, Housing and Stock Prices," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/58, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Afonso, António & Sousa, Ricardo M., 2009. "Fiscal policy, housing and stock prices," Working Paper Series 990, European Central Bank.
- Ricardo M. Sousa & António Afonso, 2008. "Fiscal Policy, Housing and Stock Prices," NIPE Working Papers 21/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 2002. "An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1329-1368.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 1999. "An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output," NBER Working Papers 7269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonardo Leiderman & Mario I. Blejer, 1988. "Modeling and Testing Ricardian Equivalence: A Survey," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 1-35, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.