Análisis del mercado de órganos para trasplante: evaluación de la introducción de incentivos en la Argentina
[Analyzing the market for organs donation: evaluation of the introduction of incentives in Argentina]
Since its expansion in the late 60s to the present the amount of transplant performed has increased slowly but steadily. However, the demand for organs to be transplanted has risen at a considerably higher rate creating a widening gap between the demand and supply for organs. In several cases, average time on the waiting list even exceeds life expectancy of the patient who needs the transplant. The aim of this paper is to evaluate the introduction of monetary incentives in the market for kidneys and livers. In theory, these incentives would significantly increase the supply. Literature that refers to the statistic value of life and other tools of economic analysis will be used so as to estimate the equilibrium price of organs that will eliminate the current gap and save lives without excessively increasing the total cost of transplant surgery.
|Date of creation:||04 Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alvin E. Roth & Tayfun Sönmez & M. Utku Ünver, 2004.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 457-488.
- Alvin E. Roth & Tayfun Sonmez & M. Utku Unver, 2003. "Kidney Exchange," Game Theory and Information 0308002, EconWPA.
- Roth, Alvin & Ãœnver, M. Utku & SÃ¶nmez, Tayfun, 2004. "Kidney Exchange," Scholarly Articles 2580565, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alvin E. Roth & Tayfun Sonmez & M. Utku Unver, 2003. "Kidney Exchange," NBER Working Papers 10002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2007. "Repugnance as a Constraint on Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 37-58, Summer.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2006. "Repugnance as a Constraint on Markets," NBER Working Papers 12702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roth, Alvin, 2007. "Repugnance as a Constraint on Markets," Scholarly Articles 2624677, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2006. "Repugnance as a Constraint on Markets," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000629, UCLA Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.