College Admissions Game: Early Action or Early Decision?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ayse Mumcu & Ismail Saglam, 2008. "College Admissions Game: Early Action or Early Decision?," Working Papers 2008/05, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992. "Two-sided matching," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541 Elsevier.
- Hideo Konishi & M. Ünver, 2006.
"Games of Capacity Manipulation in Hospital-intern Markets,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(1), pages 3-24, August.
- Hideo Konishi & M. Utku Unver, 2001. "Games of Capacity Manipulation in Hospital-Intern Markets," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 515, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 31 Jul 2002.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1985. "The college admissions problem is not equivalent to the marriage problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 277-288, August.
More about this item
KeywordsMany-to-one matching; early action; early decision; college admissions;
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2007-06-23 (Education)
- NEP-GTH-2007-06-23 (Game Theory)
- NEP-LAB-2007-06-23 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.