Chinese Firms’ Political Connection, Ownership, and Financing Constraints
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chan, Kenneth S. & Dang, Vinh Q.T. & Yan, Isabel K.M., 2012. "Chinese firms’ political connection, ownership, and financing constraints," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 164-167.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poncet, Sandra & Steingress, Walter & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2010.
"Financial constraints in China: Firm-level evidence,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 411-422.
- Poncet, Sandra & Steingress, Walter & VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke, 2008. "Financial constraints in China: firm-level evidence," CORE Discussion Papers 2008079, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sandra PONCET & Walter STEINGRESS & Hylke VANDENBUSSCHE, 2009. "Financial constraints in China: firm-level evidence," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009035, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- PONCET, Sandra & STEINGRESS, Walter & VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke, 2010. "Financial constraints in China: firm-level evidence," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2350, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sandra Poncet & Walter Steingress & Hylke Vandenbussche, 2009. "Financial Constraints in China: Firm-Level Evidence," Working Papers 2009-29, CEPII research center.
- Sandra Poncet & Walter Steingress & Hylke Vandenbussche, 2008. "Financial constraints in China: firm-level evidence," LICOS Discussion Papers 22608, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Sandra, PONCET & Walter, STEINGRESS & Hylke, VANDENBUSSCHE, 2008. "Financial constraints in China : firm-level evidence," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008048, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Poncet, Sandra & Steingress, Walter & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2009. "Financial Constraints in China: Firm-Level Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 7132, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1996. "Financial Constraints and Investment: Methodological Issues and International Evidence," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 70-89, Summer.
- Konings, Jozef & Rizov, Marian & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2003. "Investment and financial constraints in transition economies: micro evidence from Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Romania," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 253-258, February.
- MARA FACCIO & RONALD W. MASULIS & JOHN J. McCONNELL, 2006. "Political Connections and Corporate Bailouts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2597-2635, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kam Ki Tang & Haishan Yuan, 2016. "Corruption Charges Against Executives and Stock Value of Chinese State Owned Enterprises," Discussion Papers Series 555, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Cull, Robert & Li, Wei & Sun, Bo & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2015.
"Government connections and financial constraints: Evidence from a large representative sample of Chinese firms,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 271-294.
- Cull, Robert & Li, Wei & Sun, Bo & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2013. "Government connections and financial constraints : evidence from a large representative sample of Chinese firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6352, The World Bank.
- Cull, Robert & Li, Wei & Sun, Bo & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2015. "Government Connections and Financial Constraints: Evidence from a Large Representative Sample of Chinese Firms," International Finance Discussion Papers 1129, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chan, Kenneth S. & Dang, Vinh Q.T. & Li, Tingting & So, Jacky Y.C., 2016. "Under-consumption, trade surplus, and income inequality in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 241-256.
- Matthias Duschl & Shi-Shu Peng, 2013. "Chinese firm dynamics and the role of ownership type A conditional estimation approach of the Asymmetric Exponential Power (AEP) density," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2014-01, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:50-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ma, Xufei & Ding, Zhujun & Yuan, Lin, 2016. "Subnational institutions, political capital, and the internationalization of entrepreneurial firms in emerging economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 843-854.
- Liao, Jing & Malone, Chris & Young, Martin, 2016. "Politicians, insiders and non-tradable share reform decisions in China," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 58-73.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:628-639 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical connection; investments; financing constraints; Chinese firms;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-POL-2011-12-13 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-12-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .