Regional innovation systems in the global information technology industry: the non-internationalisation of greek smes
Economic competitiveness is today, more than ever, related to business innovation capacity. Given this fact, the present paper offers an insight into the contemporary pattern of innovativeness of small and medium size enterprises (SMEs), which often represent the most dynamic actors in national economies. The findings presented here, and the related theoretical notions, are discussed from the aspect of regional diversity in the context of a globalised sector: the information technology (IT) industry. The strategies of Greek SMEs are compared to those of their IT counterparts in three European countries (U.K., Italy, Israel) and two East Asian countries (Taiwan, Korea). Furthermore, an in-depth analysis of the Greek IT SMEs, based on a qualitative survey , is also presented.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1996. " Firm Size, Small Business Presence and Sales of Innovative Products: A Micro-econometric Analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 189-201, June.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5662085 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33570. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.