The disciplinary power of accounting-based regulation: the case of building societies, circa 1960
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nightingale, Paul & Poll, Robert, 2000. "Innovation in Investment Banking: The Dynamics of Control Systems within the Chandlerian Firm," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 113-141, March.
- Chen, Kevin C.W. & Wang, Jiwei, 2007. "Accounting-based regulation in emerging markets: The case of China's seasoned-equity offerings," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 221-236.
- Hoskin, Keith W. & Macve, Richard H., 1988. "The genesis of accountability: The west point connections," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 37-73, January.
- Colin Drury, 1998. "Management Accounting Information Systems in UK Building Societies," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 125-143, April.
- N/A, 1996. "Note:," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-1, January.
- Miller, Peter & O'Leary, Ted, 1987. "Accounting and the construction of the governable person," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 235-265, April.
- Innes John & Mitchell Falconer, 1997. "The Application of Activity-based Costing in the United Kingdom's Largest Financial Institutions," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 190-203, January.
- Hoskin, Keith W. & Macve, Richard H., 1986. "Accounting and the examination: A genealogy of disciplinary power," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 105-136, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Noguchi, Masayoshi, 2011. "Auditors and the supervision of retail finance: evidence from two small-sized building societies, 1976-1978," MPRA Paper 32193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsaccounting-based regulation; House Purchase and Housing Act; 1959 (HPHA59); Building Societies Act; 1960 (BSA60); Chief Registrar of Friendly Societies (CRFS); the Building Societies Association (Association); disciplinary power; reserve ratio;
- N8 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-02-05 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-02-05 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2011-02-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-REG-2011-02-05 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .