Пенсионная Реформа И Межпоколенческий Альтруизм В Моделях Экономической Динамики
[Pension reform and intergenerational altruism in economic dynamics models]
A complexity of a pension reform realization in a country with high level of intergenerational altruism is considered as a reason of a failure of the pension reform in Russia. Differences between intergenerational altruism levels in Russia and more modernized western countries are discussed. Overlapping generations models with two-way intergenerational altruism and pension system are analyzed. Successful transition from pay-as-you go pension system to fully funded one is shown to be possible in a modernized society with low level of intergenerational altruism and stable economy. But, even in that case the issue of the transition costs, their volume and distribution remains essential.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arrondel, Luc & Masson, Andre, 2006.
"Altruism, exchange or indirect reciprocity: what do the data on family transfers show?,"
Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism,
- Luc Arrondel & André Masson, 2002. "Altruism, Exchange or Indirect Reciprocity: What do the Data on Family Transfers Show?," DELTA Working Papers 2002-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Barro, Robert J, 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1989.
"How Much Care Do the Aged Receive from Their Children? A Bimodal Picture of Contact and Assistance,"
in: The Economics of Aging, pages 151-176
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1987. "How Much Care Do the Aged Receive from Their Children? A Bimodal Picture of Contact and Assistance," NBER Working Papers 2391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michel, Philippe & Thibault, Emmanuel & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2004.
"Intergenerational altruism and neoclassical growth models,"
Working Paper Series
0386, European Central Bank.
- Michel, Philippe & Thibault, Emmanuel & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2006. "Intergenerational altruism and neoclassical growth models," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Modigliani, Franco & Muralidhar, Arun, 2003. "Rethinking pension reform," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 8, pages 8-9.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.