Пенсионная Реформа И Межпоколенческий Альтруизм В Моделях Экономической Динамики
[Pension reform and intergenerational altruism in economic dynamics models]
A complexity of a pension reform realization in a country with high level of intergenerational altruism is considered as a reason of a failure of the pension reform in Russia. Differences between intergenerational altruism levels in Russia and more modernized western countries are discussed. Overlapping generations models with two-way intergenerational altruism and pension system are analyzed. Successful transition from pay-as-you go pension system to fully funded one is shown to be possible in a modernized society with low level of intergenerational altruism and stable economy. But, even in that case the issue of the transition costs, their volume and distribution remains essential.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Finansy i biznes 3 (2009): pp. 26-47|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Modigliani,Franco & Muralidhar,Arun, 2005.
"Rethinking Pension Reform,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521676533, September.
- Michel, Philippe & Thibault, Emmanuel & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2004.
"Intergenerational altruism and neoclassical growth models,"
Working Paper Series
0386, European Central Bank.
- Michel, Philippe & Thibault, Emmanuel & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2006. "Intergenerational altruism and neoclassical growth models," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Luc Arrondel & André Masson, 2002.
"Altruism, Exchange or Indirect Reciprocity: What do the Data on Family Transfers Show?,"
DELTA Working Papers
2002-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Arrondel, Luc & Masson, Andre, 2006. "Altruism, exchange or indirect reciprocity: what do the data on family transfers show?," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Luc Arrondel & André Masson, 2006. "Altruism, Exchange or Indirect Reciprocity: What Do the Data on Family Transfers Show?," Post-Print halshs-00754736, HAL.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1987.
"How Much Care Do the Aged Receive from Their Children? A Bimodal Picture of Contact and Assistance,"
NBER Working Papers
2391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1989. "How Much Care Do the Aged Receive from Their Children? A Bimodal Picture of Contact and Assistance," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Aging, pages 151-176 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.