Anti-Money Laundry regulation and Crime: A two-period model of money-in-the-utility-function
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferwerda Joras, 2009.
"The Economics of Crime and Money Laundering: Does Anti-Money Laundering Policy Reduce Crime?,"
Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 903-929, December.
- J. Ferwerda, 2008. "The Economics of Crime and Money Laundering: Does Anti-Money Laundering Policy Reduce Crime?," Working Papers 08-35, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Donato Masciandaro, 1999. "Money Laundering: the Economics of Regulation," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 225-240, May.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes, 2015.
"Money Laundering and Its Regulation,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 78-123, March.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2007. "Money Laundering and its Regulation," Research Department Publications 4493, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Chong, Alberto E. & López-de-Silanes, Florencio, 2011. "Money Laundering and its Regulation," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1599, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Camera, Gabriele, 2001. "Dirty money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 377-415, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:11:y:2007:i:3:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tomas Williams & Pablo Slutzky & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas, 2019. "Drug Money and Bank Lending: The Unintended Consequences of Anti-Money Laundering Policies," Working Papers 2019-5, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy, revised May 2020.
- Christian Friedrich & Reiner Quick, 2019. "An analysis of anti-money laundering in the German non-financial sector," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 23(4), pages 1099-1137, December.
- Imanpour, Maryam & Rosenkranz, Stephanie & Westbrock, Bastian & Unger, Brigitte & Ferwerda, Joras, 2019. "A microeconomic foundation for optimal money laundering policies," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Pietro A. Bianchi & Antonio Marra & Donato Masciandaro & Nicola Pecchiari, 2017. "Is It Worth Having the Sopranos on Board? Corporate Governance Pollution and Organized Crime: The Case of Italy," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1759, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Amedeo Argentiero & Michele Bagella & Francesco Busato, 2008.
"Money laundering in a two-sector model: using theory for measurement,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 341-359, December.
- Amedeo Argentiero & Michele Bagella & Francesco Busato, 2008. "Money laundering in a two sector model: using theory for measurement," CEIS Research Paper 128, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 09 Sep 2008.
- Chemin, Matthieu & Mbiekop, Flaubert, 2015. "Addressing child sex tourism: The Indian case," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 169-180.
- Miquel Faig, 2001.
"A search theory of money and commerce with Neoclassical production,"
Economics Working Papers
567, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Miquel Faig, 2001. "A Search Theory of Money and Commerce with Neoclassical Production," Working Papers faig-01-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Raffaella Barone & Donato Masciandaro, 2011. "Organized crime, money laundering and legal economy: theory and simulations," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 115-142, August.
- Gabriele Camera & Marco Casari & Stefania Bortolotti, 2016.
"An Experiment on Retail Payments Systems,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(2-3), pages 363-392, March.
- G. Camera & M. Casari & S. Bortolotti, 2014. "An Experiment on Retail Payments Systems," Working Papers wp942, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Gabriele Camera & Marco Casari & Stefania Bortolotti, 2015. "An Experiment on Retail Payments Systems," Working Papers 15-13, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Camera, Gabriele & Casari, Marco & Bortolotti, Stefania, 2014. "An experiment on retail payments systems," SAFE Working Paper Series 49, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Yallwe, Hagos Alem & Buscemi, Antonino, 2011.
"Money laundry and financial development,"
32219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buscemi, Antonino & Yallwe, Alem Hagos, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 33089, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2011.
- Buscemi, Antonino & Yallwe, Alem Hagos, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 32458, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D. Bartolozzi & M. Gara & D.J. Marchetti & D. Masciandaro, 2019. "Designing The Anti-Money Laundering Supervisor: Theory, Institutions And Empirics," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 19126, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Unger Brigitte, 2009. "Money Laundering - A Newly Emerging Topic on the International Agenda," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 807-819, December.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William, 2009. "Why pay? An introduction to payments economics," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Astarita, Caterina & Capuano, Carlo & Purificato, Francesco, 2018. "The macroeconomic impact of organised crime: A post-Keynesian analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 514-528.
- Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2011. "Terrorist Financing and Money Laundering," Working Papers CIE 40, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Gabriele Camera & Bryan Engelhardt, 2014. "Nonmedical Prescription Drug Use: Theory and Policy Implications," Working Papers 1402, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Loayza, Norman & Villa, Edgar & Misas, Martha, 2019.
"Illicit activity and money laundering from an economic growth perspective: A model and an application to Colombia,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 442-487.
- Villa,Edgar & Misas,Martha A. & Loayza,Norman V., 2016. "Illicit activity and money laundering from an economic growth perspective : a model and an application to Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7578, The World Bank.
- Charles M. Kahn & James McAndrews & William Roberds, 2005. "Money Is Privacy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(2), pages 377-399, May.
- Ahsan Habib & Mostafa Monzur Hasan & Ahmed Al-Hadi, 2018. "Money laundering and audit fees," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 427-459, June.
- Donato Masciandaro, 2005. "False and Reluctant Friends? National Money Laundering Regulation, International Compliance and Non-Cooperative Countries," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 17-30, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney laundry; crime; money in utility function; money;
All these keywords.
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2010-10-23 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.