Antitrust and Copyright Collectives – an Economic Analysis
The activity of the copyright collecting societies had been scrutinized by many antitrust authorities. The paper presents the decision taken by the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK), which deals with abusing practices of Polish copyright collective society – ZAiKS. The paper concentrates on the economic aspects of the decision from the President of UOKiK.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Yearbook of Antitrust and Regulatory Studies 1.Volume(2008): pp. 151-165|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Regibeau & Katharine Rockett, 2004. "The Relationship Between Intellectual Property Law and Competition Law: An Economic Approach," Economics Discussion Papers 581, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016919.
- Crampes, Claude & Encaoua, David & Hollander, Abraham, 2004.
"Competition and Intellectual Property in the European Union,"
IDEI Working Papers
332, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Feb 2005.
- Claude Crampes & David Encaoua & Abraham Hollander, 2006. "Competition and intellectual property in the European Union," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00185295, HAL.
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521816632.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1989. "An Economic Analysis of Copyright Law," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 325-63, June.
- Hal R. Varian, 2005. "Copying and Copyright," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 121-138, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23987. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.