The compromise efficiency vs. egalitarianism among generations with an infinite horizon
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Toyotaka Sakai, 2006. "Equitable Intergenerational Preferences on Restricted Domains," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(1), pages 41-54, August.
- Kaushik Basu & Tapan Mitra, 2003.
"Aggregating Infinite Utility Streams with InterGenerational Equity: The Impossibility of Being Paretian,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1557-1563, September.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2003. "Aggregating Infinite Utility Streams with Inter-generational Equity: The Impossibility of Being Paretian," Working Papers 03-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Chiaki Hara & Tomoichi Shinotsuka & Kotaro Suzumura & Yongsheng Xu, 2008. "Continuity and egalitarianism in the evaluation of infinite utility streams," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 31(2), pages 179-191, August.
- Alcantud, José C.R. & García-Sanz, María D., 2010.
"Paretian evaluation of infinite utility streams: An egalitarian criterion,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 209-211, March.
- Alcantud, José Carlos R. & García-Sanz, María D., 2007. "Paretian evaluation of infinite utility streams: an egalitarian criterion," MPRA Paper 6324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basu, Kaushik & Mitra, Tapan, 2005. "Possibility Theorems for Aggregating Infinite Utility Streams Equitably," Working Papers 05-05, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Bossert, Walter & Sprumont, Yves & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2007. "Ordering infinite utility streams," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 579-589, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0005-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Carlos R. Alcantud, 2013.
"The impossibility of social evaluations of infinite streams with strict inequality aversion,"
Economic Theory Bulletin,
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 1(2), pages 123-130, November.
- Alcantud, José Carlos R., 2011. "The impossibility of social evaluations of infinite streams with strict inequality aversion," MPRA Paper 33716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sakamoto, Norihito, 2012. "Impossibilities Of Paretian Social Welfare Functions For Infinite Utility Streams With Distributive Equity," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 53(2), pages 121-130, December.
- Sakamoto, Norihito, 2011. "Impossibilities of Paretian Social Welfare Functions for Infinite Utility Streams with Distributive Equity," Discussion Papers 2011-09, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial welfare function; Equity; Pareto axiom; Intergenerational justice;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .